Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The upcoming Pi coin

bubu dubu.

Re: The upcoming Pi coin

Post by bubu dubu. »

Pi migration to mainnet has begun. This means people can transfer to and from their wallet. Excited to see what the price will start at. Most places have had it priced at .007 cents for the last several months, which would give my roughly 900 coins a dollar value of about 6.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Just checked this for the first time in months. Many places have the price listed at $50+. However you can't trade it right now, and I would expect when you can, the price to go down quite a bit. I have over 1K coins right now. Would be too good to be true if it was really $50

https://crypto.com/price/pinetwork
Last edited by bubu dubu. on Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:25 pm Just checked this for the first time in months. Many places have the price listed at $50+. However you can't trade it right now, and I would expect when you can, the price to go down quite a bit. I have over $1K coins right now. Would be too good to be true if it was really $50

https://crypto.com/price/pinetwork
Yeah that sounds too good to be true, but hopefully it's not far off!

I was ready to be ecstatic if it's worth $1 apiece!
BFF of RubeChick
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I can't imagine this will be real easy to sell, and the price will probably plummet when it is available. I kind of forgot about it after I got a new phone a few months ago, so only have 320.
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:51 pm I can't imagine this will be real easy to sell, and the price will probably plummet when it is available. I kind of forgot about it after I got a new phone a few months ago, so only have 320.
My expectations were a couple cents. If it gets to a $1 like Douglas said, I'll be ecstatic. If it debuts around the $50 range that its listed at now, I'll be over the moon. I have approximately 1132 coins right now. The majority of those are locked up for 3 years though. I'm guessing the majority of people holding a high amount of coins have them locked up for 3 years so they could boost their mining rate, which would make supply scarce at the beginning. If demand is big with a scarce available supply, then maybe it could blow up.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:05 am
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:51 pm I can't imagine this will be real easy to sell, and the price will probably plummet when it is available. I kind of forgot about it after I got a new phone a few months ago, so only have 320.
My expectations were a couple cents. If it gets to a $1 like Douglas said, I'll be ecstatic. If it debuts around the $50 range that its listed at now, I'll be over the moon. I have approximately 1132 coins right now. The majority of those are locked up for 3 years though. I'm guessing the majority of people holding a high amount of coins have them locked up for 3 years so they could boost their mining rate, which would make supply scarce at the beginning. If demand is big with a scarce available supply, then maybe it could blow up.
I did the 3-year lock as well.

Question, I'm on the mainnet checklist and I'm stuck on step 5 (Submit your KYC Application). It won't let me select "start". Is this even available for users yet or am I missing something?>
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:28 am

Question, I'm on the mainnet checklist and I'm stuck on step 5 (Submit your KYC Application). It won't let me select "start". Is this even available for users yet or am I missing something?>
you must be missing something. I've been registered for several months now.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:02 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:28 am

you must be missing something. I've been registered for several months now.
My app shows 8 steps for "migrate to mainnet" and KYC was step 6 or 7 I think. Mine are all green/complete!
BFF of RubeChick
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'd like to jump in but I don't know how to add people to the security circle. Just started though.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

salamander wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:13 pm I'd like to jump in but I don't know how to add people to the security circle. Just started though.
Yeah, I'd add more if I could figure that part out too.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

Can someone explain what the "lockup mining bonus" does? I know it boosts your mining rate but what happens to the pi I've locked up?

What are the pros and cons of pi being locked up?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

salamander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:06 pm Can someone explain what the "lockup mining bonus" does? I know it boosts your mining rate but what happens to the pi I've locked up?

When locked up, you cant do anything with them. That includes when they are available on exchanges. The benefit to locking up is that it gives you a boost in your mining rate. The negative is that you can't do anything other than hold.

I recently lowered my lock to 2 weeks (from 3 years). I want to have a good amount ready to go if its hot on debut.
salamander

Post by salamander »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:46 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:06 pm Can someone explain what the "lockup mining bonus" does? I know it boosts your mining rate but what happens to the pi I've locked up?

When locked up, you cant do anything with them. That includes when they are available on exchanges. The benefit to locking up is that it gives you a boost in your mining rate. The negative is that you can't do anything other than hold.

I recently lowered my lock to 2 weeks (from 3 years). I want to have a good amount ready to go if its hot on debut.
Ok, so I can lock it up and then change the length of time all future locked pi is locked for? Locked pi that was set on three years is permanently locked for that three years I assume.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

How do we get each other added so we can make more?
Let's get Tropical
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:04 pm How do we get each other added so we can make more?
ForCaleb and I tried to do this together. Unfortunately, we would need each other's phone numbers, which many here probably wouldn't be comfortable with
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:00 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:04 pm How do we get each other added so we can make more?
ForCaleb and I tried to do this together. Unfortunately, we would need each other's phone numbers, which many here probably wouldn't be comfortable with
Yeah, that's kind of a bummer.
Let's get Tropical
salamander

Post by salamander »

So this whole KYC thing where I have to give them my drivers license # and other information.
Has everybody done that? Seems really sketch to me.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

salamander wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:09 pm So this whole KYC thing where I have to give them my drivers license # and other information.
seemed sketchy to me too, I did it over a year ago. KYC stands for "know your customer". Its law set by the fed that protects against anti-laundering and anti-fraud. Your bank takes this info, if you have a brokerage account, that institution takes that info, if you own mutual funds, 401K, traditional IRA, ROTH IRA, non-qualified funds, etc...etc...that institution has that info. The hesitation people have is understandable....this isn't exactly black rock, or fidelity, or thrivent that when they ask for that info, its not really taken into consideration, you just do it, but it is necessary for them to be legit.

Source is me. I have my series 7 and 66. I wouldnt say this necessarily makes it legit, but it is necessary to be legit.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

salamander wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:01 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:46 pm

Ok, so I can lock it up and then change the length of time all future locked pi is locked for? Locked pi that was set on three years is permanently locked for that three years I assume.
correct. All coins mined are locked for the duration you had in your settings when you mined them.
salamander

Post by salamander »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:28 am
salamander wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:09 pm So this whole KYC thing where I have to give them my drivers license # and other information.
seemed sketchy to me too, I did it over a year ago. KYC stands for "know your customer". Its law set by the fed that protects against anti-laundering and anti-fraud. Your bank takes this info, if you have a brokerage account, that institution takes that info, if you own mutual funds, 401K, traditional IRA, ROTH IRA, non-qualified funds, etc...etc...that institution has that info. The hesitation people have is understandable....this isn't exactly black rock, or fidelity, or thrivent that when they ask for that info, its not really taken into consideration, you just do it, but it is necessary for them to be legit.

Source is me. I have my series 7 and 66. I wouldnt say this necessarily makes it legit, but it is necessary to be legit.
Ok, that makes sense. A little less weird now with the explanation but still a little scary.