Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Did anyone catch Flecks postgame?

Home for Gopher football topics
hategreenticemase

Did anyone catch Flecks postgame?

Post by hategreenticemase »

Barreiro and Guard we're talking a little bit about it, and it sounded like PJ was way more frontal than normal. Also it appeared that he wanted to go more down of a path of being frustrated with something but held back. Possibly to do with the ton of cramping that they had.

Feek, has there been any chatter about being unhappy with the training staff or anything preparation wise?
WannaBeProGolferGuy

Re: Did anyone catch Flecks postgame?

Post by WannaBeProGolferGuy »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:50 pm Barreiro and Guard we're talking a little bit about it, and it sounded like PJ was way more frontal than normal. Also it appeared that he wanted to go more down of a path of being frustrated with something but held back. Possibly to do with the ton of cramping that they had.

Feek, has there been any chatter about being unhappy with the training staff or anything preparation wise?
I didn't see it but yeah we was pretty upset that several players had "cramps" and he stated he has to figure it out why the players are getting cramps.

It was 84 degrees at UNC, so not that outside of the norm given our temperatures here. Not like mid-December and the high here is 8 degrees and the high Florida is 88.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I quit reading when I saw OP say “Guard”. His name is “Gaard”
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

There was something going on where they weren't able to use the indoor facility for a couple of days last week. Not sure what that would be about, but yeah, Gaard tried to get something out of him, but he was pretty annoyed about the whole situation. Not sure why it would be a huge issue, you're playing outside. I assume Fleck wanted to crank up the heat/humidity in the building to try and get the players acclimated to that, but they weren't able to and that really pissed him off. Why the football team wouldn't have access to its own indoor facility, that's a question that I can't answer.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

OK. So Gaard went back to it today on the radio show. Said something about how he's talked to Fleck after many losses and never seen him as annoyed/frustrated. Fleck was miffed that they had way too many guys cramping, made several statements about how cramps are largely avoidable. He then mentioned the indoor facility and cranking up the heat (all under the watch of the medical staff), but commented again about how they were unable to do that two times last week. From his tone and the context, it sure sounded like someone above him (either admin or the NCAA) made them stop practicing indoors with elevated temps, and that's why he was ticked off.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

My guess is Philip John will have a LOT of excuses this year.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:44 am I quit reading when I saw OP say “Guard”. His name is “Gaard”
Is that all any of us will have to do going forward? That would be great. Justin Guard agrees.
hategreenticemase

feekdogg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:53 pm OK. So Gaard went back to it today on the radio show. Said something about how he's talked to Fleck after many losses and never seen him as annoyed/frustrated. Fleck was miffed that they had way too many guys cramping, made several statements about how cramps are largely avoidable. He then mentioned the indoor facility and cranking up the heat (all under the watch of the medical staff), but commented again about how they were unable to do that two times last week. From his tone and the context, it sure sounded like someone above him (either admin or the NCAA) made them stop practicing indoors with elevated temps, and that's why he was ticked off.
Yeah, he's out there on this one. While I don't get not being able to use your facility either, and it would irritate me as well, the vitriol should be directed towards the training staff for not ensuring hydration. Pretty avoidable.
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

It wasn’t even that hot. We got beat because they had way more talent than we do. Seriously North Carolina has way more talent than we do. Forget the big 10. What would happen if we played Georgia?
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sportsrgreat wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:00 am It wasn’t even that hot. We got beat because they had way more talent than we do. Seriously North Carolina has way more talent than we do. Forget the big 10. What would happen if we played Georgia?
About the same for 95% of the rest of Div I.
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

Slap Shot, true dat!