Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

APOLOGIZE

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Small Hands

Re: APOLOGIZE

Post by Small Hands »

Cobey wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:32 pm
Small Hands wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 am
Cobey wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 am

That's the difficulty of the situation they find themselves in, I suppose. Not a bad problem to have, I suppose. I'd almost suggest keeping Buxton on the pine right now. Cave is swinging a hot bat at the moment.
If Buxton is healthy, you have to start him. His defense alone makes him more of an asset than Cave. We need all the defensive help we can get with Homer Bailey on the bump.
Hows that working out for you?

Cave makes that catch 10 times out of 10.
Are you seriously going to argue that Cave is a better fielding CF than Buxton? Pfffffffffft

I think Cave is ok, but let’s be real here. Buxton is made of glass, but he’s a superior fielder over Cave.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:13 pm
Cobey wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:32 pm
Small Hands wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:57 am

If Buxton is healthy, you have to start him. His defense alone makes him more of an asset than Cave. We need all the defensive help we can get with Homer Bailey on the bump.
Hows that working out for you?

Cave makes that catch 10 times out of 10.
Are you seriously going to argue that Cave is a better fielding CF than Buxton? Pfffffffffft

I think Cave is ok, but let’s be real here. Buxton is made of glass, but he’s a superior fielder over Cave.
Mauer could have made that catch. I'm sure the Org has been in Buxton's ear all offseason to not be careless with his body playing defense, and so he froze up.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Thanks for the memories Caveman, you scrappy sumbitch. Time to bring back Grossman.

MLB Trade Rumors
@mlbtraderumors

Orioles Claim Jake Cave, Designate Jake Reed
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:43 pm Thanks for the memories Caveman, you scrappy sumbitch. Time to bring back Grossman.

MLB Trade Rumors
@mlbtraderumors

I saw that. I think he's finally gone, guys.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:29 am
Miley Cyrus wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:43 pm Thanks for the memories Caveman, you scrappy sumbitch. Time to bring back Grossman.

MLB Trade Rumors
@mlbtraderumors

one of their better players the last month of the season. caveman so long--i enjoyed watching you play this year.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:14 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:29 am

MLB Trade Rumors
@mlbtraderumors

one of their better players the last month of the season. caveman so long--i enjoyed watching you play this year.
The guy tore it up in St. Paul...THAT is for sure!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Do you guys remember when fan-favorite Lewwwww Ford left the Twins and then popped up on Buck Showalter's young (at the time) Orioles team a few years later in the ALDS?

Maybe Caveman will have the same trajectory with teh new Orioles squad.

Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

This thread just won't go away and I'm here for it.

boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Phillies' Jake Cave: Avoids arbitration

Cave agreed to a one-year contract with the Phillies on Friday, avoiding arbitration.

The financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed, but it's probably worth something close to the $950,000 he earned in 2023. Cave gives Philly some left-handed pop off the bench while also providing corner-outfield depth.

looks like some more big league time will be accrued by the caveman next season. good for him.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

I’m sure they are excited to pinch hit him with zero results in the 9th inning of almost every playoff game again.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

I really can't believe that dude is only 30. It feels like he's been hanging around forever.