Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
salamander

Re: ***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

Post by salamander »

Hornets wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:03 pm I'm a little disappointed at many of the comments here. This is a Wolves team with the 2nd best record in franchise history and it seems as if few here give them a chance against the Suns....c'mon, keep the faith and LET'S GO WOLVES!!!!
Ant has not been good against the Suns and KAT's playoff performances speaks for itself.

I would love if this was when they turned it around but this is Minnesota. Just sell all the franchises. Fuck it.
Last edited by salamander on Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

Why do wild fans come in and troll?

Do wolves fans go and troll wild threads?

Sorry the entire state of MN are somehow Wild apologists and it’s still no good but don’t come and rain on this cuz you’re bored.
salamander

Post by salamander »

PanicWolf wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 pm Why do wild fans come in and troll?

Sorry the entire state of MN are somehow Wild apologists and it’s still no good but don’t come and rain on this cuz you’re bored.
Wild have never done anything either. Very similar franchises.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

If you're referring to me then you're wrong. I'm certainly not trolling and in fact I tune into just about every Wolves game. I'm not the one raining on the board, in fact I'm doing the opposite....trying to get folks here out of the Debbie Downer mood they are currently in...

PS-If you're comment wasn't about me then never mind!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

salamander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:12 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:59 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:23 pm Suns in 4.
I don't think it'll be in four, but I don't know if it'll be S/S/S/W/S or S/S/W/S/S.

But since it's +4300 for the first option and +5500 for the second, I might throw $100 at each option.

Gonna have my kid check again tonight to see what the odds are.

Just don't know which game the Suns will take off.

It was only +900 for a Suns sweep last night.
Sun's in 5?
That's what I think.

More than a straight sweep.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Why is it trolling when you're simply stating the odds on a Suns win?

What have the Wolves done against the Suns this year that gives you ANY reason to think they'll be competitive?

Because Ant said it's the playoffs and a different season?

Or does everyone have to be a homer and "go team!!"?
My body, my choice.
ItsGameOvrMan

Post by ItsGameOvrMan »

Foul ANT is the strategy. Question is, will refs call it or let it go? and is ANT going to get a tech because of it?

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

If they lose to the Suns but play with maturity and play smart, it’s not the end all.

If this team self implodes, whines and does stupid shit (Looking at you Carl,Ant and McD), it’s going to be a long offseason.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

salamander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:17 pm

Wild have never done anything either. Very similar franchises.
Wild ended Patrick Roy's career and for that, I'll be forever grateful.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Wolves in 7
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
focker

Post by focker »

I think folks about being WAAAYYYY to negative on here and in T-wolves land overall. Wolves have a legitimate chance of winning this series. Phoenix is not that good and has lost a ton of game they should have won this year. They definitely have a tendency to check out of games.

If we bring it early each game we can win each game. Stop worrying about the refs and play ball.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

focker wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 am I think folks about being WAAAYYYY to negative on here and in T-wolves land overall. Wolves have a legitimate chance of winning this series. Phoenix is not that good and has lost a ton of game they should have won this year. They definitely have a tendency to check out of games.

If we bring it early each game we can win each game. Stop worrying about the refs and play ball.
CBS's "experts" picked the entire playoffs, and out of the 6, 4 of them picked the Wolves over Phoenix.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024 ... ts-finals/
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Wolves will not win a game. It is the Minnesota way!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:10 am
focker wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 am I think folks about being WAAAYYYY to negative on here and in T-wolves land overall. Wolves have a legitimate chance of winning this series. Phoenix is not that good and has lost a ton of game they should have won this year. They definitely have a tendency to check out of games.

CBS's "experts" picked the entire playoffs, and out of the 6, 4 of them picked the Wolves over Phoenix.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024 ... ts-finals/
I've seen more than enough from CBS over the years that tells me they're shitty at what they do, so this isn't great.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

This, this and more of this.
We should know by now. No calls are coming.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Not being negative. Just looking at what's happened. In every game this year against the Suns, I thought we were going to win. And every game has been a blowout. Absolutely surprising to me because I feel going into them, we're the better team. But we have consistently been handed our asses. Ant's talk about "new season, locked in" just sounds like flustered bluster from a young man - with not a lot of reality to base it on. How exactly do they intend to turn things around against Phoenix? By trying harder? Implying that in the first three games, the team wasn't trying? I'll believe it when I see it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I can see the Wolves winning the series in 5 or 6.

I can also see the Wolves avoiding getting swept by winning game 4 AND while getting that W, they act like complete jackasses doing so.

Somebody is gonna get pumped. This ain't going to game 7.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Was anyone able to listen to Finch with PA this morning?
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 am I can see the Wolves winning the series in 5 or 6.

I can also see the Wolves avoiding getting swept by winning game 4 AND while getting that W, they act like complete jackasses doing so.

Somebody is gonna get pumped. This ain't going to game 7.
That right there says a lot about the maturity level of the team. There was a little of this after we were able to squeak by that juggernaut of a Hawks lineup that closed the game the other night. In my opinion, way too much celebrating after the way they played and barely beat a g-league squad. As a player, I would have been pissed, and honestly quite embarrassed, after that showing...even in a win.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

I think the Rudy/Nurkic factor can't be underestimated. Rudy has been such a great part of our success this year, but Nurk is a load and the kind of player that can cause Rudy problems. Rudy averages 14/13 for the season - but against the Suns in three games (in which he played full minutes) he's gone 9.7 and 7.0. That's a full 6 rebounds less per game. Nurk's not exactly tearing it up - 6.7 ppg and 8.3 rpg - but it's kind of a been a draw. How many NBA centers outrebound Rudy over three games? AND then there's Nurk's ability to be a playmaker - he's averaging 6 assists per game against us. In any event, I think Nurk presents Rudy with a load that keeps him occupied in ways that negates some of the other aspects of his game that have been so valuable to our winning formula this year.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

#1. Start fast. If you start getting down 8 early, stop the momentum, call time outs. We are winded after making runs in the second to try to close the gap. We can affect pace and momentum when that is happening. I’m a broken record at this point, but we need another option other than the 3 bombing to score in a bunches. Sure, when we are feeling it, great run with it - but our% drop when we try to do it to keep pace isn’t worth it. We shoot short, we get tight. In the 1st, it would be interesting to see what would happen when they control flow, put the Dobermans on the perimeter early if they are shooting 48% 3’s against us early.

#2. Ant is getting hounded…either catch him flashing in the lane more so he gets the ball behind the defensive wall, or have him touch pass those against that flow. He gets stripped often trying to split defenders or they get in the passing lane as he is driving to the lane and dishing. He has tendencies that they are exploiting lately. That being said, Ant appears to be less than 100%..tired, sick, hurt, something. No more 20 TO games, especially in the 1st half..

3# Is there any way we can challenge the refs more? More challenges? More flops early? Some of these games look too much like

Maybe an acting consultant on the staff? Stuntman? Ant gets knocked down constantly, they should have someone under the bucket on the sidelines that throws a mat down for him every time he drives to buff his fall and prolong his career. I’ll do it for $100k.

4#. Just win. :beer:
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

We'll split the first 2 games.
Lose both in Phx
Come back and win 1 and then lose the last.

4-2 Phx.

Worst possible draw for us. I'd rather have Denver than Phx.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:11 amHow many NBA centers outrebound Rudy over three games? AND then there's Nurk's ability to be a playmaker - he's averaging 6 assists per game against us.
I re-watched the first quarter from our second matchup. Nurkic was used at the top of the key quite a bit to initiate plays or just as a really large screener that we got lost on. DHO's, pnr's, other off-ball screens that got Booker, Beal or Durant cutting to the rim where Nurkic hit them perfectly.

Dude was a *huge* part of that big, early run they went on.
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Wolves in 6 or 7

Beach Towels......mount up!

Keep your stick on the ice
focker

Post by focker »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:06 am

The less we whine, the more calls we'll get IMO. When we go nuts about the calls we're not getting, it almost always gets worth rather than better.

NBA refs do not like being 'shown up' during the game.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

A$$MAN wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:02 am Was anyone able to listen to Finch with PA this morning?
I heard it. Starting strong and not falling behind was Finch’s main key to success.

Paul Allen was focused on Grayson Allen, weirdly. Also PA stated that it’d be hard to beat the Suns if their “big three freaking mamma jammers” were “on hit legit and scoring with aplomb, ya say.”

PA also said, "My favorite puffy squad the plucky Twolves are looking to put the Suns in arears for size. A1 from Day One, king of the captain cool covenant, is looking to montage a victory in common thread fashion and house a series win in a bad economy with a smoking ban. And trip on this. Here comes Kat, like wildfire strolling over yellow mountain, looking to take something called Jusuf Nurkic to handling school. The Wolves will grease the wheels of a noisy bad dream that's gone fully pear-shaped the last three matchups and bring Loserville USA the love we lost. In closing, copyright the Sanford Townsend Band, don't let the mickey-freaking screendoor hit you on the way out, Suns. Bee Deet! Covenant claps for ya boy!"
Last edited by DonaldDouchebag on Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 am
A$$MAN wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:02 am Was anyone able to listen to Finch with PA this morning?
I heard it. Starting strong and not falling behind was Finch’s main key to success.

Paul Allen was focused on Grayson Allen, weidrdly. Also PA stated that it’d be hard to beat the Suns if their “big three freaking mamma jammers” were “on hit legit and scoring with aplomb, ya say.”

PA also said, "My favorite puffy squad the plucky Twolves are looking to put the Suns in arears for size. A1 from Day One, king of the captain cool covenant, is looking to montage a victory in common thread fashion and house a series win in a bad economy with a smoking ban. And trip on this. Here comes Kat, like wildfire strolling over yellow mountain, looking to take something called Jusuf Nurkic to handling school. The Wolves will grease the wheels of a noisy bad dream that's gone fully pear-shaped the last three matchups and bring Loserville USA the love we lost. In closing, copyright the Sanford Townsend Band, don't let the mickey-freaking screendoor hit you on the way out, Suns. Bee Deet! Covenant claps for ya boy!"
you made this up, right, DD? If not, wow. but if so, kudos for nailing the utter weirdness dead on.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 am

Paul Allen was focused on Grayson Allen, weidrdly. Also PA stated that it’d be hard to beat the Suns if their “big three freaking mamma jammers” were “on hit legit and scoring with aplomb, ya say.”

I can't stand listening to PA (see above) so thanks for the update.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

if the wolves can play clutch time games they have a chance. that starts by not being down by 15-20 points in the first half. finch aint wrong.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

focker wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:30 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:06 am

The less we whine, the more calls we'll get IMO. When we go nuts about the calls we're not getting, it almost always gets worth rather than better.

NBA refs do not like being 'shown up' during the game.
And you know they got a thing for Rudy. KAT has done it so much they don't even pay attention anymore. Now Ant yelling EEiihhhhhyyy every time he goes hard is going to start rubbing refs the wrong way. Like you said, refs don't like to be shown up, and yelling like Ant does insinuates the refs missed a call.
I just wish it would drive him to play harder. That's why MJ was so great, if he didn't get a call he would cram it down their throats the next time down.