Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bitcoin/Litecoin/Cyrptrocurrency

weimy froob

Re: Bitcoin/Litecoin/Cyrptrocurrency

Post by weimy froob »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:48 pm The market is crashing pretty hard again tonight. Yeah, election fun!
it's not about the election. nutcup's advice looks terrible right now.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:45 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:48 pm The market is crashing pretty hard again tonight. Yeah, election fun!

You just never know!

A farmer and his son had a beloved horse who helped the family earn a living. One day, the horse ran away and their neighbours exclaimed, “Your horse ran away, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few days later, the horse returned home, leading a few wild horses back to the farm as well. The neighbours shouted out, “Your horse has returned, and brought several horses home with him. What great luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

Later that week, the farmer’s son was trying to break one of the horses and she threw him to the ground, breaking his leg. The neighbours cried, “Your son broke his leg, what terrible luck!” The farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not.”

A few weeks later, soldiers from the national army marched through town, recruiting all boys for the army. They did not take the farmer’s son, because he had a broken leg. The neighbours shouted, “Your boy is spared, what tremendous luck!” To which the farmer replied, “Maybe so, maybe not. We’ll see.”
BFF of RubeChick
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Just bought a fraction of a Bitcoin
BFF of RubeChick
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Coach Guy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:36 pm
Nothing to do with the election. One of the biggest crypto exchanges is having a run on it and they can't pay everyone.

If that can happen to FTX, it can happen to almost any of them. RIP
Disagreement with you here

It happened to FTX because they were doing the same thing Celsius and others did, they were trading with their users money among many other things. The head guy, Sam Bankman, is likely going to jail and he should. He's what's wrong with crypto. Giving BS coins high evaluations and then dumping on investors, etc, etc. He's a crook

Crypto is better without him. My condolences to anyone who had money on this garbage site. This will sting for a lot of coins who were tied into the FTX ecosystem but as far as RIP is concerned? Allow me to quote The Psycho... Lol, no
2016 Masters Pool Champion*

*Indicates award won on a now deceased MDSTMB
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Weimy you're not a bad Froob

With that said, massive disagreement. In 24 hours bitcoin has rebounded from 15k to the mid 17s. A ton of investors stepped in and bought at those levels. This is gonna hurt, but the space will recover

I'll continue to stack, you're welcome to laugh

Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

NutCupGuy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:27 pm
Coach Guy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:36 pm
Nothing to do with the election. One of the biggest crypto exchanges is having a run on it and they can't pay everyone.

If that can happen to FTX, it can happen to almost any of them. RIP
Disagreement with you here

It happened to FTX because they were doing the same thing Celsius and others did, they were trading with their users money among many other things. The head guy, Sam Bankman, is likely going to jail and he should. He's what's wrong with crypto. Giving BS coins high evaluations and then dumping on investors, etc, etc. He's a crook

Crypto is better without him. My condolences to anyone who had money on this garbage site. This will sting for a lot of coins who were tied into the FTX ecosystem but as far as RIP is concerned? Allow me to quote The Psycho... Lol, no
Not your keys not your coins. I don't trust any of the exchanges. They all do shady shit and they get by in fees and investing the users assets. There are A LOT more like FTX out there.

There is no privacy in the space anymore. The government has their hands all over it, and there is no safety on these exchanges. You are using blind faith with any of them.

Just keep averaging down. One day it will work out for you. All time highs 2035!
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

-Mlhouse draft grades :clap:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

NutCupGuy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:30 pm
Weimy you're not a bad Froob

With that said, massive disagreement. In 24 hours bitcoin has rebounded from 15k to the mid 17s. A ton of investors stepped in and bought at those levels. This is gonna hurt, but the space will recover

I'll continue to stack, you're welcome to laugh
your advice looks terrible right now. you've been buying all the way down. that's not the optimum way to invest in anything. now if you hadn't been commenting all this time and said that you stepped in when it was at 15K i'd probably have a different opinion.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

House of cards...
Jefferson: If the Vikings open the pass game: C+ If the Vikings stubbornly run ball: D
Gladney: We got my 3rd rated corner, along with assets from trading down and the draft board played out perfectly: A (a rare A from me)

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i hope you didn't do what you said you were going to NCG. no matter where the price goes in the future this was just a bad idea. telling people to keep buying in the 20s wasn't good advice. certainly not in the short-term. if people did and they have the mindset of your typical investor they're just hoping to get out breaking even.

2022 looks like it might be a great year for accumulation. Robert Kiwosaki (rich dad poor dad author) has already said if the bitcoin price hits 27k he's going to back up the brinks truck. I'm looking to dabble in the mid and low 30's and if the price goes anywhere into the 20s I'll be coming with everything I've got.

Crypto peaked a year ago — investors have lost more than $2 trillion since
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/11/crypto- ... since.html
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:48 am i hope you didn't do what you said you were going to NCG. no matter where the price goes in the future this was just a bad idea. telling people to keep buying in the 20s wasn't good advice. certainly not in the short-term. if people did and they have the mindset of your typical investor they're just hoping to get out breaking even.

2022 looks like it might be a great year for accumulation. Robert Kiwosaki (rich dad poor dad author) has already said if the bitcoin price hits 27k he's going to back up the brinks truck. I'm looking to dabble in the mid and low 30's and if the price goes anywhere into the 20s I'll be coming with everything I've got.

My crypto mindset is much, MUCH different than most

For me it's a 10 year hold type situation as I think crypto will be regulated (that's in the works now, shark tanks Kevin oleary agrees and is actually working with law makers) and I think companies like black rock and Goldman Sachs will be offering it to their customers among many others. Warren Buffett sold a billion worth of MasterCard and invested in a foreign bank that offers crypto a year ago

If you want a quick flip then stay away. If you care about being profitable in 3 months do something else. But if you believe crypto will be around in 10 years (I certainly do) then you can feel comfortable buying in the teens when the all time high is 69k. If you don't have money to invest then don't invest

Most people don't look at investing like this. Most people think if you're investment is in the red for more than a week it's a fail and you should sell and cut your losses. I'm not them. Bitcoin has "topped" and been declared dead countless times over the last 14 years. There's a website dedicated to documenting bitcoin and it's "deaths" that's well into the hundreds

This will be a long painful bear market. But it's not dead. If I'm wrong, I'll tip my cap later on

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

NutCupGuy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:01 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:48 am i hope you didn't do what you said you were going to NCG. no matter where the price goes in the future this was just a bad idea. telling people to keep buying in the 20s wasn't good advice. certainly not in the short-term. if people did and they have the mindset of your typical investor they're just hoping to get out breaking even.

For me it's a 10 year hold type situation as I think crypto will be regulated (that's in the works now, shark tanks Kevin oleary agrees and is actually working with law makers) and I think companies like black rock and Goldman Sachs will be offering it to their customers among many others. Warren Buffett sold a billion worth of MasterCard and invested in a foreign bank that offers crypto a year ago

If you want a quick flip then stay away. If you care about being profitable in 3 months do something else. But if you believe crypto will be around in 10 years (I certainly do) then you can feel comfortable buying in the teens when the all time high is 69k. If you don't have money to invest then don't invest

Most people don't look at investing like this. Most people think if you're investment is in the red for more than a week it's a fail and you should sell and cut your losses. I'm not them. Bitcoin has "topped" and been declared dead countless times over the last 14 years. There's a website dedicated to documenting bitcoin and it's "deaths" that's well into the hundreds

This will be a long painful bear market. But it's not dead. If I'm wrong, I'll tip my cap later on
that's fine--but when you're telling others to follow your lead you can get called out for that. everytime you said buy and they sold they'd be better off--and i bet if you're being honest with yourself you'd be able to admit that you should have sold when you bought many a time too. this trade/investment has gone against you since the time i started following the thread.

again--my point is that fading your advice would have been the financially better decision right now.
Coach Guy

Post by Coach Guy »

NutCupGuy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:01 pm

That's as much a problem as it is a benefit. I have serious questions about practices of these exchanges but regulation takes the utility out of crypto. The intriguing aspect historically in cryptos favor was having "a currency for the people". The government has their hands so far in it at this point it's just another asset and there is nothing unique about it. Almost are payments are digital. This isn't a cash society anymore. So now you are left with something that is only a risk on investment and nothing more. Good luck.

You were pumping these at the height of the craze. I feel bad for your portfolio.

Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

What's the next get rich scheme?
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Hell of a good Bitcoin price right now!
BFF of RubeChick
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Wakanda wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:28 pm What's the next get rich scheme?

We'll have to wait and see what all the celebrities endorse :lol: :lol:
BFF of RubeChick
Wakanda

Post by Wakanda »

Riley91 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:58 pm
Kathy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:28 pm What's the next get rich scheme?

We'll have to wait and see what all the celebrities endorse :lol: :lol:
Maybe they will bring pogs back. They can be the new currency
My pronouns
Racist/Bully

Founding member of THE CLIQUE

Fully vaxxed
#TeamUkraine
Master of meats
Cats>Dogs
Penalty box Warden
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

Yeah I think if crypto gets through this FTX scandal in one piece, everything will be OK.
BFF of RubeChick
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

BFF of RubeChick
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Riley91 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:53 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
NotRasho
***Official Gibby Award Winner - May 2018***

Post by NotRasho »

I wonder how many tens of dollars nutcupguy has lost this year with his "strategy"
thinktank wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:47 pm But, what do I know?

I was only honorable mention all-conference.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

I've made thousands in crypto profits this year. Just have to know when to buy and sell. Pretty easy, really.
BFF of RubeChick
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Bad news for thousands of crypto investors: They don't own their accounts

More than half a million people who deposited money with collapsed crypto lender Celsius Network have been dealt a major blow to their hopes of recovering their funds, with the judge in the company's bankruptcy case ruling that the money belongs to Celsius and not to the depositors.

The judge, Martin Glenn, found that Celsius's terms of use - the lengthy contracts that many websites publish but few consumers read - meant "the cryptocurrency assets became Celsius's property."

The ruling underscores the Wild West nature of the unregulated crypto industry. On Thursday, New York attorney general Letitia James moved to impose a kind of order, or at least legal repercussions, on Celsius founder Alex Mashinsky, whom she accused of defrauding hundreds of thousands of consumers.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/bad- ... 49637.html
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Moved more funds into BTC and ETC last week.....Up 12.5%

Moved all cyrpto into my Exodus wallet. I've about had it with Coinbase.
Riley91

Post by Riley91 »

ForCaleb wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:54 pm Moved more funds into BTC and ETC last week.....Up 12.5%

Have you had issues with Coinbase?
BFF of RubeChick
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Riley91 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:44 pm
ForCaleb wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:54 pm Moved more funds into BTC and ETC last week.....Up 12.5%

Have you had issues with Coinbase?
Yes, a lot of issues with delays, moving money to other wallets, and just how they're running the company in general.
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

Welcome to 2023 folks, it should be another interesting year

I'm not calling for the end of the bear market because A- the Fed isn't done with interest rate hikes and B- this is crypto, bitcoin could climb to 30k and then crash down to 15k

What I will say is this. Living thru my second crypto bear market has reinforced what I learned during the first one. People are impatient and people are irrational. While I may very well have bought the bottom suggesting buys at 24k, 21k, 19k, 17k and for months I slowly bought in the 16s, the comments I was met with are as follows...

"You were buying this all the way down and that's not the way to invest in anything"

"How much do you think nut cup is down using his "strategy" so far?"

"Crypto is nothing more than a risk on asset at this point and you can't even name it's use cases over standard fiat"

"You've been pumping crypto since their heights, I feel bad for your portfolio"

"I don't believe you have the balls to be buying anything crypto right now. There's been a complete loss of faith in it"

Do you want to know what happened in summer 2021 when bitcoin went to 65k then crashed to 30k? I told people to buy in the 30s and I was called an idiot. What happened next? It rallied to 69k for a very EZ double up. Now here's the real glorious part... After this happened and I came in here saying I hope you bought in the 30s coach guy had this to say... It's gold...

"If the price would've sustained you'd have a point. But it only stayed in the 60s for a few weeks and then came back down"

That's right folks, it only stayed there a couple of weeks so I'm STILL an idiot... Holy shit. Sometimes I have no words. Crypto is one of the most volatile investments on the planet, but because the price didn't "sustain" I'm still a jackass. Thanks coach

I've typed this about 7 times in here, get ready to read it again. If you want a quick flip go play blackjack, go bet sports. If you want long term profit and you don't care if it takes a year or 5 years to see that profit, listen to me. While the world was running scared I was stacking up, same as I did last bear market and I'll do the same in the next one. Don't listen to the noise, don't listen to cnbc or any of those investment shows, they'll lead you astray as they've done yet again by telling people crypto is dead. Weimy posted an article from some mainstream investment factory about how crypto had topped in 2021... Pure jackassery

I hope you're stacking. When the Fed eases off and slowly starts money printing again there'll be another run. I hope you've stacked up instead of puss'd out

Good luck in 2023 all

ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

NutCupGuy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:19 am Welcome to 2023 folks, it should be another interesting year

I'm not calling for the end of the bear market because A- the Fed isn't done with interest rate hikes and B- this is crypto, bitcoin could climb to 30k and then crash down to 15k

What I will say is this. Living thru my second crypto bear market has reinforced what I learned during the first one. People are impatient and people are irrational. While I may very well have bought the bottom suggesting buys at 24k, 21k, 19k, 17k and for months I slowly bought in the 16s, the comments I was met with are as follows...

"You were buying this all the way down and that's not the way to invest in anything"

"How much do you think nut cup is down using his "strategy" so far?"

"Crypto is nothing more than a risk on asset at this point and you can't even name it's use cases over standard fiat"

"You've been pumping crypto since their heights, I feel bad for your portfolio"

"I don't believe you have the balls to be buying anything crypto right now. There's been a complete loss of faith in it"

Do you want to know what happened in summer 2021 when bitcoin went to 65k then crashed to 30k? I told people to buy in the 30s and I was called an idiot. What happened next? It rallied to 69k for a very EZ double up. Now here's the real glorious part... After this happened and I came in here saying I hope you bought in the 30s coach guy had this to say... It's gold...

"If the price would've sustained you'd have a point. But it only stayed in the 60s for a few weeks and then came back down"

That's right folks, it only stayed there a couple of weeks so I'm STILL an idiot... Holy shit. Sometimes I have no words. Crypto is one of the most volatile investments on the planet, but because the price didn't "sustain" I'm still a jackass. Thanks coach

I've typed this about 7 times in here, get ready to read it again. If you want a quick flip go play blackjack, go bet sports. If you want long term profit and you don't care if it takes a year or 5 years to see that profit, listen to me. While the world was running scared I was stacking up, same as I did last bear market and I'll do the same in the next one. Don't listen to the noise, don't listen to cnbc or any of those investment shows, they'll lead you astray as they've done yet again by telling people crypto is dead. Weimy posted an article from some mainstream investment factory about how crypto had topped in 2021... Pure jackassery

I hope you're stacking. When the Fed eases off and slowly starts money printing again there'll be another run. I hope you've stacked up instead of puss'd out

Good luck in 2023 all
Great write up and you're spot on. What are your top 3-5 exchanges?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

here's a bullish forecast for NCG.

Bitcoin at $100,000? Insiders say the cryptocurrency could test new highs this year

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/23/bitcoin ... -2023.html
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:56 am here's a bullish forecast for NCG.

Bitcoin at $100,000? Insiders say the cryptocurrency could test new highs this year

I loaded up on RIOT between $5-8, so *fingers crossed*
NutCupGuy

Post by NutCupGuy »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:56 am here's a bullish forecast for NCG.

Weimy you'll have to forgive me but I'm not reading that article just like I didn't read the one you posted months ago saying crypto had topped in 2021. CNBC has zero clue about crypto and any claim they make for or against it is pure poppycock

Crypto isn't going to all time highs in 2023 unless basically ALL banks collapse and the US gov has shown they won't allow that to happen by bailing them out. I will say that it was VERY encouraging to see that when banks across the globe started to crack the price of bitcoin shot up which says there's a lot of folks out there who agree with me. The dollar is backed by nothing at all and the Fed can print more whenever they want which devalues the dollars we currently have, AKA inflation. Bitcoin will have exactly 21 million coins when it's done, no more and no less. When we know how many coins there will be and when they will be mined (anyone can look this info up) then inflation of bitcoin is impossible, there will never be more than 21 million coins. Banks, the dollar and the Fed are all a ponzi scheme working in tandem. Bitcoin is hardware doing what it's designed to do, produce money that cannot be inflated. More and more folks are waking up to this. Countries and cities across the globe are making bitcoin and crypto legal tender while the US is fighting it. This should tell you everything you need to know

Folks may have missed their chance to load up in the teens. Loading up in the 20's is still possible for the time being. It's my belief that in my lifetime bitcoin will flip gold in terms of market cap meaning we will see a 500k bitcoin at some point. If we do, or when we do IMO, there will be a TON of crypto millionaires out there. It's a personal goal of mine and as I always say, you're welcome to laugh

I made big buys when BTC was in the 16's of matic, chainlink, algorand, eth, cardano and of course bitcoin. I also did a few moon shots on small coins that will either flame out or possibly 50-100x in value. Time will tell. During the next bull run I'll do what I did in this last one. Sell on the way up and when the crash happens buy on the way down while people tell me I'm an idiot. Rinse and repeat. Best of luck out there in 2023 all!