Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Cities Skylines 2 announced

Video game themed message board
Straight Edge Raven

Cities Skylines 2 announced

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

For this year too. I'm a happy man. I played the hell out of the first one. Video is pretty generic but I'm hopeful.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
Straight Edge Raven

Re: Cities Skylines 2 announced

Slava Ukraini
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

I'm glad this isn't in Mlps or with my luck my neighbor would be Haley.

LoL. I thought this was an ad for condos. :P
Sky Spy in the Sky !
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

I love RTS and any game with building etc.. like Tropico, Anno, Sim City.

Never got really deep into Cities Skylines though I do own it. It's a super dense game and a little intimidating. I will be picking this up though.

There's a lot of great games coming out this fall.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Drizzay

Post by Drizzay »

thank god you don't have to lay your own water and electrical lines. That was so tedious and annoying about the first one.
Tell your story walkin'!
Straight Edge Raven

Comes out Tuesday for PC. Console got moved to spring.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Slava Ukraini
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Paradox is just pushing these games out that are not done. The performance on this is terrible I've heard. That and the Lamplighter's League is pretty broken too. They must been in some financial trouble. Just pushing these games out the door and hopefully they'll fix em.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:16 pm Paradox is just pushing these games out that are not done. The performance on this is terrible I've heard. That and the Lamplighter's League is pretty broken too. They must been in some financial trouble. Just pushing these games out the door and hopefully they'll fix em.
Paradox also does this with CK3/HOI/Vic, which I admit I'm a big fan of those games. They release a fairly vanilla game that over the course of like 5 years they supplement with "updates" and DLC, that you of course must pay for.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:27 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:16 pm Paradox is just pushing these games out that are not done. The performance on this is terrible I've heard. That and the Lamplighter's League is pretty broken too. They must been in some financial trouble. Just pushing these games out the door and hopefully they'll fix em.
Paradox also does this with CK3/HOI/Vic, which I admit I'm a big fan of those games. They release a fairly vanilla game that over the course of like 5 years they supplement with "updates" and DLC, that you of course must pay for.
People with very high end GPUs have said Cities Skylines 2 runs at like 15-20 FPS. Lamplighter's League crashes on Xbox after every mission and deletes saves games. Like these game are BROKEN. I had to put Lamplighter's League down despite enjoying what I was playing because of how bad the issues were.

These games are not ready. It blows to sell people products ike that.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:34 pm
People with very high end GPUs have said Cities Skylines 2 runs at like 15-20 FPS. Lamplighter's League crashes on Xbox after every mission and deletes saves games. Like these game are BROKEN. I had to put Lamplighter's League down despite enjoying what I was playing because of how bad the issues were.

I've seen people online have to make changes to the default settings just to get it to run decent. That's not normal.

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Mandatory wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:36 pm
YBBR wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:34 pm

I've seen people online have to make changes to the default settings just to get it to run decent. That's not normal.
Hopefully, this stuff gets fixed soon. That's why there's reports of them being on some financial trouble. Because I'm sure they know how messed up these games are but they just have to release them to get some money coming in. Fix them later type of deal.
Straight Edge Raven

CK3 was actually one of the smoothest, drama free releases ever.
Slava Ukraini
Straight Edge Raven

I have a mid tier system and honestly have had little issues. Now my cities aren't huge yet, but only 1 crash. The game is meant to be played at 30fps, but these people think with their monster set ups they can max max max and expect it to look and feel max max max. They did rush it a bit, and some hiccups, but personally I've had very little issues.
Slava Ukraini
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Straight Edge Raven wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:57 am
CK3 was actually one of the smoothest, drama free releases ever.
It was smooth... it didn't require patching. It's just that'll take 10 years for it to be a complete game after all of the DLCs flesh out religions/cultures/mechanics etc.

#BaltimoreStrong