Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kessler vs Gobert season stats

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Jimi_Thing

Re: Kessler vs Gobert season stats

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Yeah - I read a quote from Demarcus Cousins saying Rudy is overrated because the team has to pull him off the court in the 4th quarter in close games.

I can't remember the last time that ever happened.

Then there's Shaq claiming Rudy wouldn't be able to guard the classic big men that were around when Shaq was doing his thing. 1. Rudy doesn't control the NBA rosters. 2. Who are these big men that Rudy wouldn't have been able to defend against? 3.Could Shaq ever guard guards and players like Durant in iso situations like Rudy does? Fuck no he couldn't.

Fuck the haters. Go Rudy!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:41 pmThen there's Shaq claiming Rudy wouldn't be able to guard the classic big men that were around when Shaq was doing his thing.
Dumb. Physically he’s not that different from Olajuwon or Mutombo and they’ve probably got 6-7 DPOY’s and 10 All Defense awards between them.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

BBG wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:55 am A whole lot of dudes were on that " worst trade in NBA history" shit

Rudy was clutch at the line yesterday and proved he won't get played off the floor like he did in Utah
Sheesh, why are you in here ForCalebing, my dude?

This is unseemly.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:41 pm Yeah - I read a quote from Demarcus Cousins saying Rudy is overrated because the team has to pull him off the court in the 4th quarter in close games.

I can't remember the last time that ever happened.

Then there's Shaq claiming Rudy wouldn't be able to guard the classic big men that were around when Shaq was doing his thing. 1. Rudy doesn't control the NBA rosters. 2. Who are these big men that Rudy wouldn't have been able to defend against? 3.Could Shaq ever guard guards and players like Durant in iso situations like Rudy does? Fuck no he couldn't.

Fuck the haters. Go Rudy!
Rudy would struggle with Shaq.

Everyone struggled with Shaq. Shaq is a hall of famer.

Rudy would shut down Greg Ostertag.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:41 pmThen there's Shaq claiming Rudy wouldn't be able to guard the classic big men that were around when Shaq was doing his thing.
Dumb. Physically he’s not that different from Olajuwon or Mutombo and they’ve probably got 6-7 DPOY’s and 10 All Defense awards between them.
The Mutombo comp is fair, but Olajuwon was a million times more smooth and coordinated than Rudy.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if this an opinion of the players, I can only think that Rudy is making playing D a thing again - we killed it this year shutting teams down - and half of these players wouldn't know how to guard a potted palm. If the league goes on a D binge, half of these guys are going to be looking over their shoulders when roster cuts are made.

I'm only half kidding. Rudy does something REALLY well that most NBA players are bad at.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:30 pm
SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm
The Mutombo comp is fair, but Olajuwon was a million times more smooth and coordinated than Rudy.
Sure, but I was just talking about height, weight, reach.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

brittrobson
@brittrobson
Suns may not see 100 points second straight game--they need 19 in 6:04.
This is the NBA's #1 defense since early November. The overrated guy seems to be pretty steadfast to me.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Guards are gonna eventually have to realize that having Rudy in iso isn’t a mismatch they can exploit. In fact, it’s a terrible idea.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 pm Guards are gonna eventually have to realize that having Rudy in iso isn’t a mismatch they can exploit. In fact, it’s a terrible idea.