Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Love contract

TheLokNesMonster

Re: Love contract

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

minnemike wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:27 am What I'm saying is that vote of confidence just cost them a ton of cap. :naners:
Any decent QB costs a team a ton of cap.

You make it sound like the Packers are handicapped because they need to lock up their next franchise QB. Every team in the league wants this “problem”.

I’m sure management is saying, “man what a bummer...we have to pay another franchise QB who will keep us contending for the next 10 years”...
:lol:

Stay in your lane buddy.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

TheLokNesMonster wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:06 am
minnemike wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:27 am What I'm saying is that vote of confidence just cost them a ton of cap. :naners:

You make it sound like the Packers are handicapped because they need to lock up their next franchise QB. Every team in the league wants this “problem”.

I’m sure management is saying, “man what a bummer...we have to pay another franchise QB who will keep us contending for the next 10 years”...

Stay in your lane buddy.
LOL - such confidence !

The point is they could have locked him up much more cheaply but didnt trust it. Who knows... maybe they will be right and find out after the next huge deal is signed. Bweahahahahahahahaha!
Gork

Post by Gork »

Love named Offensive Player of the week. I would like to thank the entire Minnesota Vikings organization and all of their fans for laying down Sunday night!
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

TRUMPHUMPERS :humper: ™ ARE TRAITORS!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

minnemike wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:27 am
PackIsBack wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:07 pm
minnemike wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:17 am

It's all about draft position with these two teams dummy. Vikings really won the night. LOLOLOLOLOL!
I would agree it's about draft position for the Vikings. They have a LOT of fucking holes to fill.

The Packers? Not so much. This is team that will be ready to go deep into the playoffs next year. And the roster is littered with 1st and 2nd year guys with zero playoff experience. You absolutely want them to get their feet wet this year. Even if they were to go one and done in Dallas or Detroit (and that it not a given..) that's experience that will pay off down the road. Fuck draft position, that's a game that losing franchises play.

Biggest thing for 2024 is they HAVE to fix the DC position. Pettine wasn't it. Then they hired someone worse. The next guy has to be good enough that he's a threat to take the job from MLF and he needs to be OK with having someone that carries some clout running the defense just like they did with ST's last year.

And as to your question about Love's contract, absolutely it's time for that long term deal. I don't think they can do anything until May 2024 due to what they did with his contract in May 2023. You know, that "vote of confidence" you got a laugh out of...

But I've seen enough and I think the team has seen enough. Buckle up, it's gonna be Love for the next decade or two.
THe only thing that matters around here is winning the SB, otherwise it's draft position, or so goes the narrative around here for years. lol
What I'm saying is that vote of confidence just cost them a ton of cap. :naners:
That "vote of confidence" didn't cost them a penny. What cost them a ton of cap starting next year is Love playing like a franchise QB. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict the Packers get a better ROI on Love's next contract than the Vikings got on any of Cousins contracts. :lol: :lol:
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Gork wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:24 pm Love named Offensive Player of the week. I would like to thank the entire Minnesota Vikings organization and all of their fans for laying down Sunday night!
Was Joe Barry secretly the DC for the Vikings on Sunday Night? That would fill in some blanks here...
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
TheLokNesMonster

minnemike wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:00 pm

Stay in your lane buddy.
LOL - such confidence !

The point is they could have locked him up much more cheaply but didnt trust it. Who knows... maybe they will be right and find out after the next huge deal is signed. Bweahahahahahahahaha!
Oh, that’s the point now. :lol:

Hey, guess what? It won’t make a lick of difference, but go ahead and keep dreaming up reasons why the Packers have mishandled their QB position.

I don’t know what type of brain damage you’ve suffered, but you’re criticizing an organization that has transitioned from one franchise QB to the next, ever since Favre took over from injured Don Majkowski, which was 1992. I’ll do the math for you so you don’t have to take off your shoes and socks. 32 years.

They know what they’re doing, but feel free to write Bob Harlan a letter and express your concerns. :lol:

Hey Cris, how ‘bout that minnemuck and his “Fooball Smarts”?

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Look at the bravado! They're SO sure!
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
TheLokNesMonster

Sarge wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:41 pm Look at the bravado! They're SO sure!
Look at your failure. It follows you around like your shadow. :lol:
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

TheLokNesMonster wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:41 pm
I'm not sure I'd call you "my failure", I barely know you. Don't be so hard on yourself!
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Sarge wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:45 pm
I'm not sure I'd call you "my failure", I barely know you. Don't be so hard on yourself!
This poster smacks of Jan.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
TheLokNesMonster

Sarge wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:45 pm
I am too tough on myself. You are right.
Gork

Post by Gork »

372-579 64.2% 4159 yrds. 32TD 11 int. 9 fumbles. Packers really screwed up on the contract. They should draft another QB this year and trade Love to the Jets so Rodgers can go to Minnesota to complete the cycle!
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
Unbiased Observer

Post by Unbiased Observer »

Gork wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:34 am 372-579 64.2% 4159 yrds. 32TD 11 int. 9 fumbles. Packers really screwed up on the contract. They should draft another QB this year and trade Love to the Jets so Rodgers can go to Minnesota to complete the cycle!
The fumble thing is an issue. He needs to hold on to it better.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Proud member of the RFP!

PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

I was alright with the fumble. Not that it happened, I'm not OK with that but the ball hit a helmet and popped out. Kind of a flukey play.

But the contract. My, oh my, did the Packers shit the bed with this contract. :lol: :beer: :lol:
Gork

Post by Gork »

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Jordan Love's final NFL rankings from first season as #Packers' starter...

Touchdown passes: 2nd
Passing yards: 7th
Completions: 8th
Passer rating: 9th
Games with 100+ passer rating: T-2nd

He's already a top 10 quarterback.

Proud member of the RFP!

PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Not according to the resident leg humpers here.

It's all smoke and mirrors and we are being duped by #10!
anthony

Post by anthony »

Gork wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:31 pm Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Jordan Love's final NFL rankings from first season as #Packers' starter...

Touchdown passes: 2nd
Passing yards: 7th
Completions: 8th
Passer rating: 9th
Games with 100+ passer rating: T-2nd

He's already a top 10 quarterback.
It’s even more impressive when you look at who he’s throwing to…. Hopefully it’s not a fluke season! Hopefully they Fix his foot mechanics so he stops under throwing the deep balls…
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Man, he's been mostly spot on with all his throws lately. And a lot of them have been with his feet off the ground or off his back foot. I think he's learning the nuances of throwing off platform.
Unbiased Observer

There were a number of long balls against the Vikings where he was lucky that the Vikings defense was so abysmally bad.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I must admit, I like these no name flankerbacks of the packnerts. Already liked Reed. They should dangle Watson for trade bait.
anthony

Post by anthony »

Sarge wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:54 pm I must admit, I like these no name flankerbacks of the packnerts. Already liked Reed. They should dangle Watson for trade bait.
How much is Watson worth? He can’t get on the field…. He’s looking to be injury prone …. Plus, He’s still on his rookie contract so he’s cheap…
Offsides 97 defense

anthony wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:01 pm
Sarge wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:54 pm I must admit, I like these no name flankerbacks of the packnerts. Already liked Reed. They should dangle Watson for trade bait.
How much is Watson worth? He can’t get on the field…. He’s looking to be injury prone …. Plus, He’s still on his rookie contract so he’s cheap…
You guys can get set without him by taking one in this draft. He is Will Fuller. A ton of talent that will never stay healthy. Percy Harvin was that way, too.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
Unbiased Observer

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:46 pm
anthony wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:01 pm
You guys can get set without him by taking one in this draft. He is Will Fuller. A ton of talent that will never stay healthy. Percy Harvin was that way, too.
Watching Percy Harvin was fun as fuck. Even as a Packers fan.
Offsides 97 defense

Unbiased Observer wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:17 pm

Watching Percy Harvin was fun as fuck. Even as a Packers fan.
He was one of the most talented players I've ever seen.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Stay in your lane buddy.
There are different types of franchise QB. Is he Rodgers or is he Derek Carr? I've seen him miss throws that rodgers would never miss. Let's see how he does in the playoffs and how well he does next year after teams have a whole offseason to scheme against him. The sad thing is the pack wasted 3 years of his rookie contract which is the primary benefit of drafting a qb with a 1st.
TheLokNesMonster

Obi-Wan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:16 am

Stay in your lane buddy.
There are different types of franchise QB. Is he Rodgers or is he Derek Carr? I've seen him miss throws that rodgers would never miss. Let's see how he does in the playoffs and how well he does next year after teams have a whole offseason to scheme against him. The sad thing is the pack wasted 3 years of his rookie contract which is the primary benefit of drafting a qb with a 1st.
Because he’s a finished product in his first year of starting right? Why isn’t he as good as Aaron Rodgers was at his peak?

If you are the QB of an NFL team you need to be perfect from day one, or it was a bust of a pick.

Love is a bust. Draft JJ! :lol:

Rodgers was terrible last year and was getting worse. Love makes throws Rodgers can’t make anymore.

Rodgers was so bad last year, Love would have been a better option starting. That’s the big mistake the Packers made the previous offseason, extending Rodgers. They lucked out and found a team that thought he had something left. He doesn’t.

But yeah, you’re right, Love isn’t Rodgers at his peak yet. Maybe after Sunday he will be inching closer and closer to being as good as arguably the most naturally talented guy to ever play the position in the NFL.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Stay in your lane buddy.
Are you comparing Love to 2008 Rodgers or 2020-2021 Rodgers? If it's the former he's just as good if not better. MVP Rodgers he's clearly not there. But he's still trending up. We probably will not see the finished product until 2025.

Bummer about the rookie deal but not nearly as bad as drafting Johnny Manziel or Christian Ponder. Rodgers sat for 3 years and no one lamented that years later.
TheLokNesMonster

PackIsBack wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:47 am

Stay in your lane buddy.
Are you comparing Love to 2008 Rodgers or 2020-2021 Rodgers? If it's the former he's just as good if not better. MVP Rodgers he's clearly not there. But he's still trending up. We probably will not see the finished product until 2025.

Bummer about the rookie deal but not nearly as bad as drafting Johnny Manziel or Christian Ponder. Rodgers sat for 3 years and no one lamented that years later.
The thing about Love is that he could be closer to his ceiling than most of these young QB’s. That’s not bad because the guy looks like he’s already got it to an extent, all he needs is some of these playoff experiences, and other variables that he can’t really control.

But when I look at a guy like Stroud, I think he definitely has a level higher to climb then where he is now, and that’s pretty scary.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sarge wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:16 pm ACTIVATE "HE DOESN'T HAVE A DEFENSE" EXCUSE

:robot voice:
ALSO ACTIVATE "HE DOESN'T HAVE ANYBODY TO CATCH PASSES" EXCUSE

:robot voice:
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.