Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Starfield

Video game themed message board
Straight Edge Raven

Starfield

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
jffl_commish

Re: Starfield

Post by jffl_commish »

bonerbot.gif
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Wait, this isn't going to be on PS5? WTF?
Let's get Tropical
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:11 pm Wait, this isn't going to be on PS5? WTF?
Microsoft owns Bethesda, this is kind of one of their big first party exclusives. Hopefully, it's good. Redfall was shite.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'll throw on the Microsoft showcase and see what's happening for them in a bit.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I really don't want to have to buy an XBOX, but I do love the Bethesda games. Ugh
Let's get Tropical
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:55 pm I really don't want to have to buy an XBOX, but I do love the Bethesda games. Ugh
Just wait to see reviews. See how it turns out before buying anything you know. It looks pretty darn good. Apparently ID software was helping Bethsda Softworks tune up the shooting to make it feel good. They did a big 1 hour look in at Starfield. So check that out.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

jffl_commish wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:55 pm I really don't want to have to buy an XBOX, but I do love the Bethesda games. Ugh
Get a good pc then.
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Let's Go, Threeball!
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm pretty much done with Bethesda. They can't put out a finished product and I've had to start over a game too many times.

I just can't anymore. They make a fun game but I don't trust them.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

salamander wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:55 am I'm pretty much done with Bethesda. They can't put out a finished product and I've had to start over a game too many times.

Wait a year and buy it if you feel that strongly. Also, it will come out on game pass so if you already subscribe, I don't really see the issue in playing it.
I made this!
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I'm looking forward to this game. I never got into Fallout 76 so I'm not influenced by that debacle.

I loved The Outer Worlds, which ironically was made by Obsidian. I hope this game tops that.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
salamander

Post by salamander »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:00 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:55 am I'm pretty much done with Bethesda. They can't put out a finished product and I've had to start over a game too many times.

Wait a year and buy it if you feel that strongly. Also, it will come out on game pass so if you already subscribe, I don't really see the issue in playing it.
I probably will play it after a year or so when all the bugs are fixed. (Or I'll put it on my list of games I need to get to and never do, either one.)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

salamander wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:44 am

I probably will play it after a year or so when all the bugs are fixed. (Or I'll put it on my list of games I need to get to and never do, either one.)
There will be bugs. A game that huge there's always gonna be bugs. Microsoft is talking a big game how they've had QA from all studios playing this since December looking for bugs. They said despite the size this will be the least buggy Bethesda launch for one of these massive RPGs. I mean we'll see, but they have delayed it a bunch for polish.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

What do you guys suppose the odds are that one of the 1,000 planets we can explore ends up being Nirn from TES?

At very least I bet they make one with continents in the shape of it, but uninhabited or something. Who knows, maybe Starfield ends up being an extreme prequel for TES and it explains how Nirn was inhabited in the first place?
I made this!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Yeah, that was a big get for Microsoft. For the CoD fans out there, Playstation is threatening to not allow production of CoD on Playstation anymore because of the potential Microsoft & Blizzard/Activision merger. MS is pulling some big dick moves.
salamander

Post by salamander »

YBBR wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:44 pm
salamander wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:44 am

There will be bugs. A game that huge there's always gonna be bugs. Microsoft is talking a big game how they've had QA from all studios playing this since December looking for bugs. They said despite the size this will be the least buggy Bethesda launch for one of these massive RPGs. I mean we'll see, but they have delayed it a bunch for polish.
That's really good news.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I've gone from being mildly interested in this game to very interested in this game from watching that 40 minute deep dive they did in the Xbox Showacse. All the systems and what they were showing really looked great. The combat also looks about 20 times better than what you usually get out of Bethesda. The combat actually looks really fun and compelling.

I hope they pull this off, because it comes across as extremely ambitious. This feels as crazy as what they tried to do with Oblivion at the time or even bigger and crazier in terms of pushing the envelope forward. I was personally pretty down on Fallout 4 and I never touched 76. It would be awesome if Bethesda won some of us who have drifted back. This game also has the chance to pull in a TON of new players for both Bethesda and Xbox.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ok, this looks to be right up my alley and it's not a PS exclusive!!! Winning!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

So, what do I have to get for an Xbox? I know nothing about their naming system and what is the newest/best. Also, since I'm going to have to get a damn Xbox to play this game, what else does Xbox have that Playstation doesn't?
Let's get Tropical
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:41 am So, what do I have to get for an Xbox? I know nothing about their naming system and what is the newest/best. Also, since I'm going to have to get a damn Xbox to play this game, what else does Xbox have that Playstation doesn't?
No PC?
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:41 am So, what do I have to get for an Xbox? I know nothing about their naming system and what is the newest/best. Also, since I'm going to have to get a damn Xbox to play this game, what else does Xbox have that Playstation doesn't?
Threeball! Fuckin' A dude.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:34 am
No PC?
Just an older laptop
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:43 am
I really don't want to go to the darkside, but might have to for this game!
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:54 am
I think it oughta be worth it.

Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Darkside? The Xbox controller is far superior. :irked:
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:26 pm

Darkside? The Xbox controller is far superior. :irked:
I've been a Playstation man most of my life but at this point the XBOX is the far superior machine, from performance all the way down to controller.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Series X is their big boy console. Series S is their lower price point at $299. They did introduce another Series S at $350 for a terabyte of space instead of 500 GB.

Xbox has a bunch of exclusives coming down the pipeline from all of their studios, but they've struggled to put out a ton of stuff early on worth your time. There are some, but probably not as much as Playstation right now.

Current Exclusives: Forza Horizon 5, Hi-Fi Rush, Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Immortality, Pentiment, Grounded

Upcoming Exclusives: Forza Motorsport, Starfield, Avowed, Fable, The Outer Worlds 2, South of Midnight, Hellblade Senua's Saga 2, Stalker 2, Perfect Dark, Everwild, State of Decay 3, Clockwork Revolution, Indiana Jones, Contraband

There are others, but here's decent list of stuff.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Imo, if you are buying, get a series X. Or just wait until they release an X Pro edition, but that could be a while. I have both the series S and the series X. I honestly have played the S once since I got my X. It just does shit better. Unless you only have a 1080p tv and you don't plan on playing very many Xbox games. Then by all means, get the Series S.
I made this!
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:52 pm Imo, if you are buying, get a series X. Or just wait until they release an X Pro edition, but that could be a while. I have both the series S and the series X. I honestly have played the S once since I got my X. It just does shit better. Unless you only have a 1080p tv and you don't plan on playing very many Xbox games. Then by all means, get the Series S.
I hope Xbox and Sony don't do a mid generation refresh like last generation. These consoles really don't need it. They were way more powerful out of the gate than the PS4 and Xbox One. I feel like they've barely moved on from last gen and are developing exclusively for these consoles. Based on rumors Xbox probably isn't doing a revised console, but signs point to yes for Sony.