Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Starfield

Video game themed message board
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Starfield

Post by Mandatory »

Mandatory wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:13 pm
I just bought the Shieldbreaker. Looks like the best Class B ship you can get.. Probably going to roll with this for now.
Forgot to mention.. it has 3 giant automatic lasers mounted on it and 2200 cargo capacity.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I can't stop building ships. I'm getting nothing else done, but my ship is the shit...
I made this!
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I love the low gravity planets. I just shot a guy in the jet pack and he took off up in the air. I wandered a bit, killed a couple other guys and decided to look up, there that guy was floating back down! I watched him land and he bounced and went way up. Total lol moment.
Let's get Tropical
Esquared

Post by Esquared »

Was having fun with it. Havent touched it since Phantom Liberty came out.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Esquared wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:34 am Was having fun with it. Havent touched it since Phantom Liberty came out.
Cyberpunk fuuuucks. I love that game. Haven't got Phantom Liberty yet.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jaffa system, Jaffa IV, Vultures Roost. It's a hidden oasis of sorts for the Ecliptic. Take a ton of digipicks and ammo, and be sure you know where to sell contraband when you leave.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

I think I'm too side-quest heavy so far in this game. I did one Constellation Quest with the girl getting the artifact from the guy in the Earth Solar System. Otherwise I've just been doing other stuff. Is this game really this big and full of this much stuff to do?

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:02 am I think I'm too side-quest heavy so far in this game. I did one Constellation Quest with the girl getting the artifact from the guy in the Earth Solar System. Otherwise I've just been doing other stuff. Is this game really this big and full of this much stuff to do?
I think there are 1000 planets or something like that, so kind of. There are several different factions worth of stuff to do too. The Constellation is the main line, so no worries on going slow for that one.
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I love to explore... I gotta say... some of this shit is really getting repetitive. I think I've killed off the ecliptic who took over the same exact looking mining base like 6 different times on 6 different planets... I guess I'm fine with computer generated worlds and whatnot. I just wish the computer could randomize the playable locations a little better. Like allow it to piece together it's own bases and shit. :shrug:
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:16 pm I love to explore... I gotta say... some of this shit is really getting repetitive. I think I've killed off the ecliptic who took over the same exact looking mining base like 6 different times on 6 different planets... I guess I'm fine with computer generated worlds and whatnot. I just wish the computer could randomize the playable locations a little better. Like allow it to piece together it's own bases and shit. :shrug:
It does. You just have to click the "bonus features" section on the Main Menu. From there you add your credit card information and proceed to the premium computer randomized locations via micro-transaction.

Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:28 am
Abe Froman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:16 pm I love to explore... I gotta say... some of this shit is really getting repetitive. I think I've killed off the ecliptic who took over the same exact looking mining base like 6 different times on 6 different planets... I guess I'm fine with computer generated worlds and whatnot. I just wish the computer could randomize the playable locations a little better. Like allow it to piece together it's own bases and shit. :shrug:
It does. You just have to click the "bonus features" section on the Main Menu. From there you add your credit card information and proceed to the premium computer randomized locations via micro-transaction.
Is this how you found Fort Condor?
I made this!
Esquared

Post by Esquared »

Tommy Hawks, I played the first Phantom Liberty mission and explored around dog town a lil bit. Im doing a new playthrough right now so Im saving the phantom liberty stuff towards the end of the main story.

With the update and phantom liberty it feels like a new game.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Esquared wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:46 am Tommy Hawks, I played the first Phantom Liberty mission and explored around dog town a lil bit. Im doing a new playthrough right now so Im saving the phantom liberty stuff towards the end of the main story.

Nice. I beat it the first time then turned around and restarted it with a new character and just been doing NCPD/Fixer stuff, not worrying about main story. That might be a good save to go off of for the Phantom Liberty. It's a really good game.

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:35 am
Esquared wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:46 am Tommy Hawks, I played the first Phantom Liberty mission and explored around dog town a lil bit. Im doing a new playthrough right now so Im saving the phantom liberty stuff towards the end of the main story.

Nice. I beat it the first time then turned around and restarted it with a new character and just been doing NCPD/Fixer stuff, not worrying about main story. That might be a good save to go off of for the Phantom Liberty. It's a really good game.
I'll get back to that game and the new edition this winter. If nothing else, for Panam's ass.
Let's get Tropical
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

"I've been trying to reach you about your ships extended warranty" lol

I just got that from a rando ship that hailed me upon entering a system. That was funny.
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

jffl_commish wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:12 pm "I've been trying to reach you about your ships extended warranty" lol

I just got that from a rando ship that hailed me upon entering a system. That was funny.
Updates should include more, random, funny things like this imo

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:01 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:12 pm "I've been trying to reach you about your ships extended warranty" lol

Updates should include more, random, funny things like this imo
Andreja gave me another. She was raiding a ship with me and gave me the "it is so hot in here, and don't say something like it's just me". lol
Let's get Tropical
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Weird ass glitch... Leaving the key info to my ship, and somehow it says frontier. I haven't flown that one for ages, but I just upgraded my ship and though, maybe I accidentally somehow switched them. I walk to the cock pit and put the window I see New Atlantis... I go back to the my docking areas. The ladder up says "the key" the ladder down says "New Atlantis". Also... new Atlantis is flickering weird colors out the window... Kinda want to get out and see this bizzaro world, but I'm wondering how badly my game will crash if I do...
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Ok, I get out and I'm greatest by about 10 NPC's standing at the foot of my bay...
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

All of the npc's in new Atlantis are just frozen in place. They whole town is dead and ships keep landing in the distance. This is fucking weird
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Well... It looks like I done fucked up... My saves won't load... Pretty decent chance I'm going to have to restart my game from the beginning... I probably should have reloaded right away... New Atlantis started falling apart. Doors went missing and I walked around under the launch pad area. Then I went back to my ship but the bay door was closed and it was just hovering there. Then I decided to load my save. Now it's just spinning... groan...
I made this!
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

I think it's working now. Fuck'n bathesda...
I made this!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

How's your USB port holding up, Abe?

jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Low gravity planets FTW! There was a dude standing by a fuel tank so I shot the tank. Dude just goes flying for about 200 meters. lol
Let's get Tropical
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Im currently discouraged.

Early on I accidentally 'stole' a clipboard off a vendor's desk so I went to jail and now have to do the Crimson Fleet thing. Cool. I went to the place and did the thing and now I'm in. However, I want to do other stuff too, so I go to do bounties and they've been CF so then I have to eventually pay the CF bounties which are bigger than the reward for the bounty from the bounty hunters.

So then I go to do some other stuff. One of these things I have to leave the planet and do something in orbit but there are bad guys who jack me up after 30 tries. So now I have to go back to an earlier save and not go to that place and do something else.

I just want to get into some stuff instead of fast traveling everywhere for everything all the time and have it have negative consequences for something else.

For you vet players, is this game like Skyrim where you can do everything and be in every faction with the same player? I really disliked that about Skyrim because it made me not care about replaying with a different character, versus a game like Baldurs Gate that you could only do certain side quests if you chose that class at character creation what led the player to make a new character so that they could explore those quests.

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Yes, you can be in all of the factions at the same time. Nothing gets locked out by joining one or the other, though I believe you can be kicked out of factions by killing members etc.

Crimson fleet sucks imo. They weren’t useful or interesting and the faction members are like clowns, certainly not pirates.

Regarding getting stuck on difficulty, just go into settings a temporarily lower it to very easy.

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

There’s really only Vanguard/SysDef, Freestar Rangers and Crimson Fleet as far as joinable factions.

#BaltimoreStrong
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

That's a bummer.

Thanks for teh reply

Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

I get where you're coming from, but I also understand why they did it the way they did.

#BaltimoreStrong
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Mandatory wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:16 pm Yes, you can be in all of the factions at the same time. Nothing gets locked out by joining one or the other, though I believe you can be kicked out of factions by killing members etc.

Crimson fleet sucks imo. They weren’t useful or interesting and the faction members are like clowns, certainly not pirates.

Regarding getting stuck on difficulty, just go into settings a temporarily lower it to very easy.
🤔

Have you ever met a space pirate before? Are you sure they don't act like that?
I made this!