Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Go on record: What will Rudy's long range game look like this year?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

Re: Go on record: What will Rudy's long range game look like this year?

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:44 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:32 am I doubt the French coach even let Rudy shoot a 3! :roll:

Rudy had 9pts/7rbs/3stl/2blk. A decent overall game, but not a lot of offensive impact. He was 0/0 from 3 :lol:

Encouragingly, he was 7/8 from the ft line.

You’d hope your NBA star could step up an do a little more in a close loss to a undermanned underdog, but Rudy just isn’t that kind of player.
Rudy is a type of player that I call a "floor raiser". He'll do wonders to keep your team from sucking but he in no way is a "ceiling raiser" that can take over and win you games.

There's tremendous value in that so this isn't meant as a knock against him. We don't make the play offs without him last year :shrug:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:23 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:32 am I doubt the French coach even let Rudy shoot a 3! :roll:

Rudy had 9pts/7rbs/3stl/2blk. A decent overall game, but not a lot of offensive impact. He was 0/0 from 3 :lol:

You’d hope your NBA star could step up an do a little more in a close loss to a undermanned underdog, but Rudy just isn’t that kind of player.
Rudy is a type of player that I call a "floor raiser". He'll do wonders to keep your team from sucking but he in no way is a "ceiling raiser" that can take over and win you games.

There's tremendous value in that so this isn't meant as a knock against him. We don't make the play offs without him last year :shrug:
I think I know what you mean and I think that’s a fair way to look at it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Long range?
He should work on the 2-3 foot shot. He missed a TON of those. No need to reinvent the wheel.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:28 pm Long range?
He should work on the 2-3 foot shot. He missed a TON of those. No need to reinvent the wheel.
He’s like a different style Dwight Howard goof. Oh cool you’re hoisting 28 footers in an empty gym or in some exhibition nonsense. Congrats. That’s cool if you’re a JV scrub and not a 40m contract NBA center.

He should be taking 500 4 foot jump hooks a day and hundreds of FT’s. These are difference making shots that would make him a weapon offensively instead of a complete liability. I cannot wait until he’s off this roster.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

T_J wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:58 pm
Mplsfonz wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:28 pm Long range?
He’s like a different style Dwight Howard goof. Oh cool you’re hoisting 28 footers in an empty gym or in some exhibition nonsense. Congrats. That’s cool if you’re a JV scrub and not a 40m contract NBA center.

He should be taking 500 4 foot jump hooks a day and hundreds of FT’s. These are difference making shots that would make him a weapon offensively instead of a complete liability. I cannot wait until he’s off this roster.
:thumbsup:
Mnwild1128

Post by Mnwild1128 »

Same as last year. Practice in the offseason with no shots in games not counnting the last second heaves down court.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:28 am

Holy shit!

Finchy using the same exact words to describe Gobert as me!

A rare 10/10 non emotional take by me :lol:

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Style

Post by Style »

That’s pretty spot on. Nice!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:02 am

Holy shit!

there were so many games where he was the main reason why they didn't lose. last night was another one. he didn't make the all-star team--but he was arguably their MVP.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

brittrobson
@brittrobson
Finch has said it before but calling Gobert a player who "makes sure you don't lose" and is a "floor raiser" was never more accurate and trenchant than when he said it postgame tonight.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:02 am

Holy shit!

:clap:
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov