Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Garza question...

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
SHAFA

Re: Garza question...

Post by SHAFA »

aztimberwolves wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:16 pm
SHAFA wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:21 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:00 pm I’m the biggest Garza supporter on here. I was th wine they soda i’d like to see him get more minutes. But there was context!

I said especially with Towns out that he should get some sporadic minutes, ESPECIALLY in a game like Phoenix where we couldn’t buy a bucket if we tried. Why not see if he could ignite a spark with his offensive game?? No one else was.

But in normal games like the Lakers where Naz, Gobert, and to even some external, KA are playing good, I’m not bitching about Garza not getting minutes.

Obviously when Towns comes back, those sporadic minutes shrink even further unless an emergency happens.

Nowhere did i say Garza should be getting major minutes every game/
I think you need to re-read that thread to get the correct context.

I called him a black hole, which he is, but then also gave him credit for his improvement in a side convo with someone else.

At that point you jumped in with: “What’s he supposed to do, not shoot?” and “I’m surprised he didn’t get more run this year.”

And my point stands: until recently he was on a two-way with a limited number of available days and basically fifth on the depth chart of a pretty healthy squad sitting in the top 3 in the conference all year.

If you want to go through the schedule and find games where: 1) he was available and 2) it would’ve been beneficial to get him more minutes, be my guest.

I’ll be over here having fun watching a team at the top while not worrying about the 13th man.
And that context also was to ask what's Garza supposed to do when he's on the floor with Minott, Moore, Miller, and whoever else? Pass the ball to guys proven cant throw the ball into the ocean at this point? He was 7-10 not 0-10, not like he was just chucking bricks. Nor was he out there with Edwards and the rest of the starters shooting everything and anything.

If you watched the Denver game when every big was out, and Garza was forced into action, he more than held his own and was not a black hole. He even played pretty decent D on Jokic considering the circumstances.

And again, Im not worried about it. Exact words were surprised he hasn't gotten more minutes with the injuries, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
These were your words from the Toronto game. The Phoenix game hadn't even happened yet.
aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 pm What’s he supposed to do? Not shoot? Only in Rube Chat a guy will get roasted for scoring 16 points on 7-10 shooting. lol

I’ll be transparent and admit i’m a Hawkeye fan so I’m biased towards Garza. But you can’t help root for a guy that was complete waste of space his freshman year and WORKED his way to player of the year candidacy and is now a fringe quality rotational piece in the NBA.

I’m surprised he didn’t get much run this year. I thought he played pretty well last year when called upon. He’s improved defensively from awful to at least ok. If they trade Towns (a mistake in my book) I’d love to see them sign Garza and see if he can continue on his trajectory.
aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:55 pm I didn’t mean major minutes Shafa. Just like 3-5 min a game here and there when Kyle wasn’t playing well, Reid with games he was off. Hell the minutes they gave TJ warren would be better off with Garza.

He’s looked good pretty much all year when given the chance. That Denver game he battled his ass off. Games like that should get you some regular minutes here and there. That’s all.
You've gone from "surprised he didn't get more run" to "3-5 minutes when Anderson and Reid were off" to now "sporadic minutes in a game like Phoenix", which hadn't even been played yet after your first comments were made.

You've revised statements over the last week, inserted reasoning now that wasn't possible at the time this stupid thing started and complained about context while completely ignoring some of it yourself.

I've maintained that he's a black hole, yet praised him for improvement.

Which one of us is consistent here?
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:55 am
aztimberwolves wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:16 pm
SHAFA wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:21 pm

I think you need to re-read that thread to get the correct context.

I called him a black hole, which he is, but then also gave him credit for his improvement in a side convo with someone else.

At that point you jumped in with: “What’s he supposed to do, not shoot?” and “I’m surprised he didn’t get more run this year.”

And my point stands: until recently he was on a two-way with a limited number of available days and basically fifth on the depth chart of a pretty healthy squad sitting in the top 3 in the conference all year.

If you want to go through the schedule and find games where: 1) he was available and 2) it would’ve been beneficial to get him more minutes, be my guest.

I’ll be over here having fun watching a team at the top while not worrying about the 13th man.
And that context also was to ask what's Garza supposed to do when he's on the floor with Minott, Moore, Miller, and whoever else? Pass the ball to guys proven cant throw the ball into the ocean at this point? He was 7-10 not 0-10, not like he was just chucking bricks. Nor was he out there with Edwards and the rest of the starters shooting everything and anything.

If you watched the Denver game when every big was out, and Garza was forced into action, he more than held his own and was not a black hole. He even played pretty decent D on Jokic considering the circumstances.

And again, Im not worried about it. Exact words were surprised he hasn't gotten more minutes with the injuries, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
These were your words from the Toronto game. The Phoenix game hadn't even happened yet.
aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 pm What’s he supposed to do? Not shoot? Only in Rube Chat a guy will get roasted for scoring 16 points on 7-10 shooting. lol

I’ll be transparent and admit i’m a Hawkeye fan so I’m biased towards Garza. But you can’t help root for a guy that was complete waste of space his freshman year and WORKED his way to player of the year candidacy and is now a fringe quality rotational piece in the NBA.

I’m surprised he didn’t get much run this year. I thought he played pretty well last year when called upon. He’s improved defensively from awful to at least ok. If they trade Towns (a mistake in my book) I’d love to see them sign Garza and see if he can continue on his trajectory.
aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:55 pm I didn’t mean major minutes Shafa. Just like 3-5 min a game here and there when Kyle wasn’t playing well, Reid with games he was off. Hell the minutes they gave TJ warren would be better off with Garza.

He’s looked good pretty much all year when given the chance. That Denver game he battled his ass off. Games like that should get you some regular minutes here and there. That’s all.
You've gone from "surprised he didn't get more run" to "3-5 minutes when Anderson and Reid were off" to now "sporadic minutes in a game like Phoenix", which hadn't even been played yet after your first comments were made.

You've revised statements over the last week, inserted reasoning now that wasn't possible at the time this stupid thing started and complained about context while completely ignoring some of it yourself.

I've maintained that he's a black hole, yet praised him for improvement.

Which one of us is consistent here?
What about any of those quotes doesn’t line up with what I have been saying? Where in those quotes did i say i want Garza playing 20 minutes a game?? Suprised he didn’t get more run. yeah i’ve said that. More run than the ZERO he was getting, could be a few minutes here and there. Ever think about that?? And again Phoenix game was just an example of when Reid and KA were off and we needed an offensive spark. Several games like that in the season.

For someone that isn’t “worried” about the 13 th man , you’ve spent peculiarly A LOT of time trying to dissect my quotes to fit your weird narrative.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I’m willing to say Garza shoulda/coulda been put into the Phoenix game. I’m also willing to say that it probably wouldn’t have mattered.

He’s got some intriguing upside, but there’s a reason he doesn’t play minutes in meaningful games right now.

Don’t force it. You can’t rush it. Let him grow into being a useful piece.

You can hurry Garza
No you just have to wait
Cause Garza don’t come easy
It’s a game of give and take
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov