Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
aztimberwolves

Re: Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

Post by aztimberwolves »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 pm How anyone can ever defend that POS Taylor is beyond me.
Amen.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:31 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 am ∆ just read that whole piece. The most thorough one to date.

Reinforces that Glen is a bigger snake than we all may have realized and that his goose may be cooked.
I look forward to this getting resolved. I still don't trust anything that comes out of Alex Rodriguez's mouth... I don't think Lore has done anything to break trust at this point.
That I can agree with.

I don't necessarily trust Broke Ass AROD...but Lore hasn't done anything, yet, to not be given the benefit of the doubt. All billionaires are shady to some extent but Taylor seems to be extra shady and slimmy. Until Lore does something that proves he cannot be trusted...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and take him at his word.

Broke Ass AROD though...don't trust you. You make great sound clips and and whatnot though :lol:
Last edited by flexbuffchest on Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

aztimberwolves wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:49 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:34 am Yet another piece implicating Taylor never intended to sell the team and this having nothing to do with arod/lore not having the funds. Get over your hatred for arod, taylor is a snake and needs to go!

https://huddleup.substack.com/p/the-i ... taylor

It’s a very long read but I’ll post some of the more damning parts below.

But more importantly, through my conversations with sources, I’ve discovered that Taylor's cancellation of the deal was more about cold feet than it was about Rodriguez and Lore not having the money.

Sources close to the situation tell me that since Taylor sold his personal equity to Rodriguez and Lore, rather than LP equity, his ownership stake in the team actually fell below Rodriguez and Lore — ~34% for Taylor to ~36% for Rodriguez and Lore.

But rather than letting this happen, which was going to happen anyway during the next acquisition payment, sources said Taylor quietly purchased a small equity stake from an existing limited partner. I’m told that the limited partner was Bill Sexton, and his 2.96% equity stake (combined with Taylor’s existing ~34% stake), put the current Timberwolves owner back in front of Rodriguez and Lore — 37% to 36%.

The obvious question is why would Taylor do that? Except, there really isn’t a good answer, unless we assume he never intended to follow through on the deal
.”

Interestingly enough, the actual equity purchase agreement between Taylor and Rodriguez/Lore was made public through the lawsuit I previously mentioned between Taylor and Meyer Orbach, an existing Minnesota Timberwolves limited partner.

I wasn’t able to get an opinion from any of the lawyers who worked on this specific agreement. But I ran it by several sources who have worked on dozens of sports transactions, and the overwhelming opinion is that, unless there is something we don’t know, Rodriguez and Lore should be entitled to the 90-day extension.

also think it’s worth noting that Taylor has changed his story multiple times. At first, it was that Rodriguez and Lore didn’t have the money. Then, after several outlets, including The Athletic, reviewed financial documentation proving they submitted a fully capitalized offer to the NBA, the league’s top insider insinuated they were cheap.

So, are they too flashy for spending $40 million on an executive and $10 million on an in-arena owners suite? Or are they too cheap for submitting a financial projection that would have put the the Timberwolves under the luxury tax threshold next season?

Maybe it’s both, but you could see why the stories start to contradict each other.

Taylor is 83 years old. He is currently overseeing the best Timberwolves team he’s had in decades, and he doesn’t intend to give that up without a fight, whether fair or foul.

However, from everything I’ve gathered, it may not be his choice. Legal experts say the contract is “ironclad.” His limited partners are getting more upset every day this drags on. It appears Taylor has undermined the agreement from Day 1, and even his best efforts won’t let him void a signed contract just because the team got better
.”

And also, for the ppl crying about lore and arod submitting financial paperwork showing an unwillingness to go into the luxury tax next year:

Someone has already leaked a document to NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski, claiming Taylor got nervous that Rodriguez and Lore were going to blow up a championship-contending team because they submitted a financial plan to the NBA that placed the franchise under the luxury tax threshold.

“After decades of futility, the Timberwolves are the West’s top seed, and Lore and Rodriguez’s cost-cutting projections were among the concerns that led Taylor to void a contract that would’ve finalized the sale of the Timberwolves,” said Wojnarowski.

My sources confirmed this is true — Rodriguez and Lore did submit a projection that put them under the salary cap next season. However, I’m also told that this is relatively normal, with many owners choosing to submit lower projections only to revise them at a later date once they see how competitive their team is in the playoffs.

I dare someone to defend Taylor after this
Not sure of the author of this and how “reliable” he is. If this is true, it’s EVERYTHING I have said in this thread. Ole Skinflint got cold feet, plain and simple. If he was serious about selling , why not just find another buyer, why pull them off the market altogether? He’s just seen franchises skyrocket in value and he’s looking to get out of a bad business deal he agreed to.

If Arod and Lote were truly looking to get under the cap, WHY IN THE HELL would they approve extensions for McDaniels and Conley? 2 guys that could be replaceable at cheaper prices. It didn’t make sense then, doesn’t make sense now and doesn’t support that notion.

We will see how this plays out. Again, wait for hard core proof to cast final judgment on Slinflint Taylor:
"My sources confirmed this is true — Rodriguez and Lore did submit a projection that put them under the salary cap next season. However, I’m also told that this is relatively normal, with many owners choosing to submit lower projections only to revise them at a later date once they see how competitive their team is in the playoffs."

This gives much needed context. If this is something that everyone does then Turd Taylor is making an fool of himself (shocker) by using that as proof Lore and Broke Ass AROD want to gut the team.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:25 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:49 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:34 am Yet another piece implicating Taylor never intended to sell the team and this having nothing to do with arod/lore not having the funds. Get over your hatred for arod, taylor is a snake and needs to go!

https://huddleup.substack.com/p/the-i ... taylor

It’s a very long read but I’ll post some of the more damning parts below.

But more importantly, through my conversations with sources, I’ve discovered that Taylor's cancellation of the deal was more about cold feet than it was about Rodriguez and Lore not having the money.

Sources close to the situation tell me that since Taylor sold his personal equity to Rodriguez and Lore, rather than LP equity, his ownership stake in the team actually fell below Rodriguez and Lore — ~34% for Taylor to ~36% for Rodriguez and Lore.

But rather than letting this happen, which was going to happen anyway during the next acquisition payment, sources said Taylor quietly purchased a small equity stake from an existing limited partner. I’m told that the limited partner was Bill Sexton, and his 2.96% equity stake (combined with Taylor’s existing ~34% stake), put the current Timberwolves owner back in front of Rodriguez and Lore — 37% to 36%.

The obvious question is why would Taylor do that? Except, there really isn’t a good answer, unless we assume he never intended to follow through on the deal
.”

Interestingly enough, the actual equity purchase agreement between Taylor and Rodriguez/Lore was made public through the lawsuit I previously mentioned between Taylor and Meyer Orbach, an existing Minnesota Timberwolves limited partner.

I wasn’t able to get an opinion from any of the lawyers who worked on this specific agreement. But I ran it by several sources who have worked on dozens of sports transactions, and the overwhelming opinion is that, unless there is something we don’t know, Rodriguez and Lore should be entitled to the 90-day extension.

also think it’s worth noting that Taylor has changed his story multiple times. At first, it was that Rodriguez and Lore didn’t have the money. Then, after several outlets, including The Athletic, reviewed financial documentation proving they submitted a fully capitalized offer to the NBA, the league’s top insider insinuated they were cheap.

So, are they too flashy for spending $40 million on an executive and $10 million on an in-arena owners suite? Or are they too cheap for submitting a financial projection that would have put the the Timberwolves under the luxury tax threshold next season?

Maybe it’s both, but you could see why the stories start to contradict each other.

Taylor is 83 years old. He is currently overseeing the best Timberwolves team he’s had in decades, and he doesn’t intend to give that up without a fight, whether fair or foul.

However, from everything I’ve gathered, it may not be his choice. Legal experts say the contract is “ironclad.” His limited partners are getting more upset every day this drags on. It appears Taylor has undermined the agreement from Day 1, and even his best efforts won’t let him void a signed contract just because the team got better
.”

And also, for the ppl crying about lore and arod submitting financial paperwork showing an unwillingness to go into the luxury tax next year:

Someone has already leaked a document to NBA insider Adrian Wojnarowski, claiming Taylor got nervous that Rodriguez and Lore were going to blow up a championship-contending team because they submitted a financial plan to the NBA that placed the franchise under the luxury tax threshold.

“After decades of futility, the Timberwolves are the West’s top seed, and Lore and Rodriguez’s cost-cutting projections were among the concerns that led Taylor to void a contract that would’ve finalized the sale of the Timberwolves,” said Wojnarowski.

My sources confirmed this is true — Rodriguez and Lore did submit a projection that put them under the salary cap next season. However, I’m also told that this is relatively normal, with many owners choosing to submit lower projections only to revise them at a later date once they see how competitive their team is in the playoffs.

I dare someone to defend Taylor after this
Not sure of the author of this and how “reliable” he is. If this is true, it’s EVERYTHING I have said in this thread. Ole Skinflint got cold feet, plain and simple. If he was serious about selling , why not just find another buyer, why pull them off the market altogether? He’s just seen franchises skyrocket in value and he’s looking to get out of a bad business deal he agreed to.

If Arod and Lote were truly looking to get under the cap, WHY IN THE HELL would they approve extensions for McDaniels and Conley? 2 guys that could be replaceable at cheaper prices. It didn’t make sense then, doesn’t make sense now and doesn’t support that notion.

We will see how this plays out. Again, wait for hard core proof to cast final judgment on Slinflint Taylor:
"My sources confirmed this is true — Rodriguez and Lore did submit a projection that put them under the salary cap next season. However, I’m also told that this is relatively normal, with many owners choosing to submit lower projections only to revise them at a later date once they see how competitive their team is in the playoffs."

This gives much needed context. If this is something that everyone does then Turd Taylor is making an fool of himself (shocker) by using that as proof Lore and Broke Ass AROD want to gut the team.
And again, iIF he was selling, why in the fuck would he care about the new owners payroll when he zero skin in the game. Not his money anymore.

It was an obvious ploy to try to swing public opinion on his side.
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

Sure wish KG could be part of all this somehow. Friggin Taylor.
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Night Train wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 pm Sure wish KG could be part of all this somehow. Friggin Taylor.
That's the biggest tragedy of this whole mess.

Thanks Turd Taylor

Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Night Train wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 pm Sure wish KG could be part of all this somehow. Friggin Taylor.
I must be the only one who doesn't care one way or the other. Not sure why it matters.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

As long as KG has zero influence on decision making.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm
I think ol' THUD could come off the bench and drain some 3s. Give him $80M.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm
I think ol' THUD could come off the bench and drain some 3s. Give him $80M.
lol. KG would also want to personally punch LUka Garza in the face.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I know we're 14 wins away, but imagine we do win the title. Who does Silver give the trophy to?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:33 pm I know we're 14 wins away, but imagine we do win the title. Who does Silver give the trophy to?
Glen! Glen! Glen!

“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 pm How anyone can ever defend that POS Taylor is beyond me.
It's not always people defending Glen, it might be people very skeptical of Arod.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:59 pm
It's not always people defending Glen, it might be people very skeptical of Arod.
I would totally get that if Arod was going to be the majority owner. He will be a minority owner by a wide margin with Lore being the primary owner. I’d be really worried if this groups major money was coming from him , but it’s not.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:33 pm I know we're 14 wins away, but imagine we do win the title. Who does Silver give the trophy to?
Hopefully that hot piece of cougar ass that sits next to Turd Taylor. She's got them nice shiny legs that sooths my anxiety when watching the Wolves.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 pm
Hopefully that hot piece of cougar ass that sits next to Turd Taylor. She's got them nice shiny legs that sooths my anxiety when watching the Wolves.
Haha, FINALLY something we can agree on ownership Jimi
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I've met her. She's no cougar.
Let's get Tropical
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 pm
I cast a wide net my friend.
Bon Scott

Post by Bon Scott »

aztimberwolves wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:12 pm
Amen.
There’s Shack, but who knows where he is?
Trump will forever be known as Potus who was so full of shit that country ran out of Toilet Paper.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Dan33185 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 pm
I must be the only one who doesn't care one way or the other. Not sure why it matters.
You’re not the only one. :beer:
witljon

Post by witljon »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 pm
Is it because Glen is 20 years older?
salamander

Post by salamander »

I hope we don't make a new stadium and price out the blue collar fans. I want the dirty and sullied being able to go to the games.
That's how you get the atmosphere we have right now.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:19 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:59 pm
I would totally get that if Arod was going to be the majority owner. He will be a minority owner by a wide margin with Lore being the primary owner. I’d be really worried if this groups major money was coming from him , but it’s not.
Where does it say A-Rod is a minority owner? Everything I've seen says he and Lore will be the majority owners together. Lore has put more money in supposedly so far and it looks like A-Rod has been trying to get people to buy in so they can assist him with the finance part. I don't think Alex is here to step aside for anyone. The major money isn't coming from him because he doesn't have it.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am I hope we don't make a new stadium and price out the blue collar fans. I want the dirty and sullied being able to go to the games.
:roll:
salamander

Post by salamander »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am I hope we don't make a new stadium and price out the blue collar fans. I want the dirty and sullied being able to go to the games.
:roll:
HeHateMe supports pricing out the poor. Good for you.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Isn’t today where both parties meet for mediation? I thought May 2nd was the date. Anybody hear anything on this?
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

aztimberwolves wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:26 pm Isn’t today where both parties meet for mediation? I thought May 2nd was the date. Anybody hear anything on this?
It was yesterday actually

aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Dan33185 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:26 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:26 pm Isn’t today where both parties meet for mediation? I thought May 2nd was the date. Anybody hear anything on this?

Exactly what I was afraid of. Goes into summer and will paralyze our off season planning.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

aztimberwolves wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm

Exactly what I was afraid of. Goes into summer and will paralyze our off season planning.
When you're the champs, won't matter.
Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:30 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm

When you're the champs, won't matter.
Think about how legendary it'd be, if the Wolves win the LOB this year, and the next day, Glen announces he's selling the team to someone who wants to move them to Seattle, or Vegas.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!