Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Jimi_Thing

Re: Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

Post by Jimi_Thing »

OliverMiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:20 am
Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:15 am
OliverMiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:47 am

I thought it was who writes the checks, though?

Goalposts are being moved
Goalposts aren't being moved.

I'm pointing out that an owner deserves credit or blame for the GM he's paying to run the team. Taylor has rightfully gotten much blame for his previous shitty country club hires at GM and Head Coach.

The reason why I even brought this up is squash this idiotic claim that it was somehow ARod's doing that the Wolves finally have a really solid foundation and positive trajectory. That was the case before he graced us with his presence.

I do have a concern that ARod will have deep enough pockets to pay for top GM and HC talent being that he wasn't able to close on this sweetheart deal and it's been leaked that they're already looking at whittling down the roster in order to remain under the salary cap.

What I want in an owner is simple. Pay for top GM and Coaching talent, be willing and ABLE to pay the luxury tax if the team merits it, and keep the team in Minnesota. Does ARod deliver on those basic requirements? I have my doubts.
The people that went after said GM deserve credit. That wasn't Taylor.
Who did the people that brought in Gersson Rosas work for? Turd Taylor doesn't deserve credit for bringing him in either? Tough crowd!
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

T_J wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:01 am
A$$MAN wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:11 am
Lightning wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:07 am Nobody but Glen Taylor was going to give Thibs both HC and PBO. That was a classic crypt keeper blunder.
Doesn't change the fact he brought him in...a guy was identified and he paid for him. Many people praised the higher and if Taylor would have let him go because of the POBO, then he would have been called a cheap bastard that wasn't willing to spend.

The same could be said about Connelly. Just last year he was getting blasted and people wanted him gone. Those same people could have been saying only a dipshit would give Connelly ownership in the team.

It's all hindsight.
He needed a search team to get Thibs. Remember he hired an outside agency. Should never have given him GM duties so another blunder that led to shipping an all nba player for peanuts.
So Taylor is at fault for making his own personnel decisions. Taylor is at fault for hiring an outside agency to assist in making decisions. Taylor is at fault for the outside agency recommending Thibs for both coach and POBO. Taylor is at fault for going with those recommendations. Got it.

Again, this is hindsight because people were gushing over the hire and Thibs getting Butler here. There was praise everywhere for going outside the country club and paying for the top coach on the market.

Seems no matter what Taylor does, people are going to find fault. I'm not a Taylor fan, but believe there are two sides to every story...especially this one we currently find ourselves in. I think some people need to take off the Taylor hater glasses and look at this objectively.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:23 am

I'm pointing out that an owner deserves credit or blame for the GM he's paying to run the team. Taylor has rightfully gotten much blame for his previous shitty country club hires at GM and Head Coach.

The reason why I even brought this up is squash this idiotic claim that it was somehow ARod's doing that the Wolves finally have a really solid foundation and positive trajectory. That was the case before he graced us with his presence.

I do have a concern that ARod will have deep enough pockets to pay for top GM and HC talent being that he wasn't able to close on this sweetheart deal and it's been leaked that they're already looking at whittling down the roster in order to remain under the salary cap.

What I want in an owner is simple. Pay for top GM and Coaching talent, be willing and ABLE to pay the luxury tax if the team merits it, and keep the team in Minnesota. Does ARod deliver on those basic requirements? I have my doubts.
Who did the people that brought in Gersson Rosas work for? Turd Taylor doesn't deserve credit for bringing him in either? Tough crowd!
Apples to sushi comparison. Bravo
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:21 am
A$$MAN wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:13 am
aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:48 am

Thibs was unemployed and DESPERATE to get back into the league especially as a Gm. We were the only one to offer him both roles. Again a bad hire for GM.
Again, multiple teams were going after Thibs...and it was HIGHLY praised by everyone locally and nationally when we brought him in.

People here were sure loving him as POBO when he brought Butler in and made the playoffs. So to now say it was terrible is 100% hindsight.
As a coach it was praised yes. But was widely skeptical of him as a first time GM as well.
People were LOVING Thibs as POBO when he brought Butler in and made the playoffs. To say otherwise is not accurate. Again, all hindsight after Thibs let his Butler love burn shit to the ground.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

A$$MAN wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:29 am

Again, multiple teams were going after Thibs...and it was HIGHLY praised by everyone locally and nationally when we brought him in.

People here were sure loving him as POBO when he brought Butler in and made the playoffs. So to now say it was terrible is 100% hindsight.
As a coach it was praised yes. But was widely skeptical of him as a first time GM as well.
People were LOVING Thibs as POBO when he brought Butler in and made the playoffs. To say otherwise is not accurate. Again, all hindsight after Thibs let his Butler love burn shit to the ground.
Yeah, I won't fault the Thibs hire. That was an obvious choice at the time.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

so does Taylor then deserve blame for Rosa’s fuck ups as well? Trading for Dlo and having little to no protection on the pick?? Stubbornly refusing to address the PF position as long as he was here. Banging gis secretary and gos knows who else??

He was far from perfect. And the current team he hads trajectory only skyrocketed after connelly got rid of his trash on the roster and brought in Rudy as well.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

OliverMiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:31 am

Yeah, I won't fault the Thibs hire. That was an obvious choice at the time.
Right...and that's all I'm saying to this hindsight talk. If Taylor would have let Thibs walk because of the POBO sticking point he would have been called cheap, only country club hires, not serious about winning, etc.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I hated Thibs almost immediately... Kris Dunn?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Just curious what people think of the youtube video I posted on the last page... genuinely curious... A Rod buys into the wolves with the limited funds he has but then wants others to buy him at the rate of what the franchise is worth now to essentially cover his portion?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:34 am

so does Taylor then deserve blame for Rosa’s fuck ups as well? Trading for Dlo and having little to no protection on the pick?? Stubbornly refusing to address the PF position as long as he was here. Banging gis secretary and gos knows who else??

He was far from perfect. And the current team he hads trajectory only skyrocketed after connelly got rid of his trash on the roster and brought in Rudy as well.
Wow...your pissed about the protections on one pick in a Rosas trade, but are worried about losing Connelly. The guy who traded 3 future first round picks with no protection, one with top 5 protection, and a pick swap?
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:36 am

I hated Thibs almost immediately... Kris Dunn?
I actually did too...but that was due to my concern of him blowing up are "up and coming" team to get Butler, which he ultimately did.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

A$$MAN wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:24 am

Doesn't change the fact he brought him in...a guy was identified and he paid for him. Many people praised the higher and if Taylor would have let him go because of the POBO, then he would have been called a cheap bastard that wasn't willing to spend.

The same could be said about Connelly. Just last year he was getting blasted and people wanted him gone. Those same people could have been saying only a dipshit would give Connelly ownership in the team.

It's all hindsight.
He needed a search team to get Thibs. Remember he hired an outside agency. Should never have given him GM duties so another blunder that led to shipping an all nba player for peanuts.
So Taylor is at fault for making his own personnel decisions. Taylor is at fault for hiring an outside agency to assist in making decisions. Taylor is at fault for the outside agency recommending Thibs for both coach and POBO. Taylor is at fault for going with those recommendations. Got it.

Again, this is hindsight because people were gushing over the hire and Thibs getting Butler here. There was praise everywhere for going outside the country club and paying for the top coach on the market.

Seems no matter what Taylor does, people are going to find fault. I'm not a Taylor fan, but believe there are two sides to every story...especially this one we currently find ourselves in. I think some people need to take off the Taylor hater glasses and look at this objectively.
30 seasons of results is hardly hater glasses. A guy with proven track record of ineptness sprinkled in with a couple of good years here and there. A guy that sold multiple picks for cash. A guy until the last few years, with some of th worst hiring decisions in all pro sports. A guy that not only wasted KGs prime but also has completely alienated to a point KG wants nothing to do with the Timberwolves, as one of the most loyal pro athletes i have ever seen. A guy that cost this franchise 3 first round picks cause of one of the dumbest fuck ups in pro sports history.

So yeah i could continue but that’s hater glasses I guess. lol
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

OliverMiller wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:27 am

Apples to sushi comparison. Bravo
I'm having a hard time with your logic.

A) ARod deserves credit for the moves Connelly has orchestrated because it was supposedly ARod that convinced Connelly to come to MN and convinced Sugar Daddy Taylor to pay Connelly the hefty contract that his talent demands.

B) Turd Taylor doesn't deserve any credit for landing the GM that orchestrated the Coach Finch hire and the KAT, ANT, Jaden, and NAZ selections.

C) Both

What am I missing here? I'm having a hell of a time understanding how C is the correct answer.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:47 am

30 seasons of results is hardly hater glasses. A guy with proven track record of ineptness sprinkled in with a couple of good years here and there. A guy that sold multiple picks for cash. A guy until the last few years, with some of th worst hiring decisions in all pro sports. A guy that not only wasted KGs prime but also has completely alienated to a point KG wants nothing to do with the Timberwolves, as one of the most loyal pro athletes i have ever seen. A guy that cost this franchise 3 first round picks cause of one of the dumbest fuck ups in pro sports history.

Again, I'm not denying Taylor is a dogshit owner. But that doesn't mean you don't have to look at this specific situation individually from all the others and be objective.

Just because Taylor sucks, that doesn't automatically mean ARod and Lore are right and can do no wrong. There are two sides to every story. We just need to let this play out before jumping to conclusions, assigning blame, etc.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

A$$MAN wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:55 am

Again, I'm not denying Taylor is a dogshit owner. But that doesn't mean you don't have to look at this specific situation individually from all the others and be objective.

Just because Taylor sucks, that doesn't automatically mean ARod and Lore are right and can do no wrong. There are two sides to every story. We just need to let this play out before jumping to conclusions, assigning blame, etc.
ok so why don’t you do the same then? The anti Arod and Lore group are using hater glasses as well right? At least with Taylor, we have a proven track record to base our opinion on.

You guys are choosing to believe that they don’t have cash to close the deal, want to move the team, and slash payroll right? If it was as simple as they didn’t have funds, why is it goo t to arbitration then? Pretty simple matter if they just didn’t have funds to close. Why have to go through that process? What evidence was there they want to slash payroll? A report that sources are in question as well as when the date was that budget submitted?

And then oh yeah KG hates Glen because he believed he had an agreement to have ownership stakes in the Wolves only for Glen to renege. Sound familiar?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:48 am
Lightning wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:07 am Nobody but Glen Taylor was going to give Thibs both HC and PBO. That was a classic crypt keeper blunder.

It's all hindsight.
Thibs was unemployed and DESPERATE to get back into the league especially as a Gm. We were the only one to offer him both roles. Again a bad hire for GM.
"Taylor would have NEVER paid a guy like Connelly."

"Uh, he paid Thibs the same amount."

"BUT THIBS WAS DESPARATE AND IT WAS A BAD HIRE"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:20 am I think we're done, friend. You're clearly not a serious person talking that nonsense. You get too riled up or emotional when someone has a different opinion than you on this.
But if you keep going he'll call you an egotistical douche.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:00 pm
A$$MAN wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:55 am

ok so why don’t you do the same then? The anti Arod and Lore group are using hater glasses as well right? At least with Taylor, we have a proven track record to base our opinion on.

You guys are choosing to believe that they don’t have cash to close the deal, want to move the team, and slash payroll right? If it was as simple as they didn’t have funds, why is it goo t to arbitration then? Pretty simple matter if they just didn’t have funds to close. Why have to go through that process? What evidence was there they want to slash payroll? A report that sources are in question as well as when the date was that budget submitted?

And then oh yeah KG hates Glen because he believed he had an agreement to have ownership stakes in the Wolves only for Glen to renege. Sound familiar?
I'm not anti ARod and Lore and assigning blame to anyone...just been commenting to those who are saying Taylor is 100% at fault. It's just weird that some have instantly blamed Taylor for lying, being dirty, etc. when what we do know is that ARod and Lore have missed multiple deadlines after having 3 years to come up with the money. I think that is a fact. Do you disagree with that?

As for the KG ownership thing...I believe KG was lumped in with Flip. When Flip died, that ended. KG doesn't have the resources or money to move forward on his own. That's like if Lore backs out, ARod wouldn't have a chance on his own.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:09 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:20 am I think we're done, friend. You're clearly not a serious person talking that nonsense. You get too riled up or emotional when someone has a different opinion than you on this.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

I call it as i see it dude. You were a complete Ahole when I casually mentioned i was surprised Garza hasn’t gotten more PT, especially with the Towns injury. That was all i posted. The you went off the deep end and the rest is the rest.

shoo fly
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:16 pm The you went off the deep end and the rest is the rest.
I went off the deep end.

Sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:12 pm
And Jimi that’s fine. You can have a difference of opinion. We can disagree which we obviously do. We are stuck with Taylor apparently cause he’s not selling it anytime soon. and we habe to live with that. i’m highly doubtful of a good outcome, but we will have to see.

I won’t post on this topic anymore until we have concrete facts
one way or the other.

Let’s hope for wins this weekend and hope this get resolved before the offseason gets here.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Alrighty then.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:21 pm

And Jimi that’s fine. You can have a difference of opinion. We can disagree which we obviously do. We are stuck with Taylor apparently cause he’s not selling it anytime soon. and we habe to live with that. i’m highly doubtful of a good outcome, but we will have to see.

one way or the other.

Let’s hope for wins this weekend and hope this get resolved before the offseason gets here.
I'm gonna try to follow your lead AZ and do the same. I've spent way too much time these last 2 days at work Rubechatting about Turd Taylor and Broke Ass ARod. Go Wolves!!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:34 pm

one way or the other.

I'm gonna try to follow your lead AZ and do the same. I've spent way too much time these last 2 days at work Rubechatting about Turd Taylor and Broke Ass ARod. Go Wolves!!
I like Broke Ass ARod :lol:

Lore needs a nick name.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
T_J

Post by T_J »

Evidently 30 years of fuck ups is outweighed by 2/100 positive decisions.
T_J

Post by T_J »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:21 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:16 pm The you went off the deep end and the rest is the rest.
I went off the deep end.

Sure.

You’re a fucking clown bro.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

T_J wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:45 pm
I went off the deep end.

Sure.

I really don’t know what happened to you, but maybe you’d be better suited to put me on ignore. You ain’t the same dude you used to be.
T_J

Post by T_J »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:09 pm
T_J wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:45 pm

I went off the deep end.

Sure.

I really don’t know what happened to you, but maybe you’d be better suited to put me on ignore. You ain’t the same dude you used to be.
Probably for the best. I won’t be missing anything, that’s for sure.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:21 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:34 pm

one way or the other.

I like Broke Ass ARod :lol:

Lore needs a nick name.
Broke Ass Arod and Light in Funds Lore.