Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Hawks @ Timberwolves GDT 12 Apr Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
weimy froob

Re: ***Official Hawks @ Timberwolves GDT 12 Apr Official***

Post by weimy froob »

BuDG123 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:10 pm
witljon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:05 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:41 pm 3- way tie record wise between us and Denver and OKC. 2-2 against each other. We have the best conference record between the 3. We are in first.
:clap:
OKC went 10-6 in Division, MN and Denver went 12-4. Then it goes to Conference record, where we lead Denver by 1, and OKC by 2.
first tiebreaker is head to head by all three teams. OKC has the better record than the wolves and the nuggets in combined head to head.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:14 pm

OKC went 10-6 in Division, MN and Denver went 12-4. Then it goes to Conference record, where we lead Denver by 1, and OKC by 2.
first tiebreaker is head to head by all three teams. OKC has the better record than the wolves and the nuggets in combined head to head.
:thumbsup: That sounds right.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Badbeat wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:44 pm We were showing to be in 2nd place before the games today... why would okc leapfrog the wolves?
If it were just us and OKC tied up top, the breaker would be division record because our H2H is also tied.
Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

YBBR wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:41 pm 3- way tie record wise between us and Denver and OKC. 2-2 against each other. We have the best conference record between the 3. We are in first.
OKC went 10-6 in Division, MN and Denver went 12-4. Then it goes to head to head, then Conference record, where we lead Denver by 5, and OKC by 2.
Jim Pete has OKC with the tiebreaker, by virtue of best head to head (to head) record. Assuming all 3 teams finish with the same record.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:10 pm
Not true. Weimy is right. The tiebreaker is cumulative head-to-head.

However, something folks aren’t considering. If Denver loses @ Memphis and OKC and us both win. Then it’s a 2-team tie between us and OKC. We are then the top seed by virtue of our better conference record.

Does Denver let it all hang out to win in Memphis know that even with a win they don’t control their own destiny to rise above the 3 seed?

Denver probably wins anyway, but they probably beat the Spurs tonight too.
so you're saying the wolves have still got a chance? you're right--this is the wolves best chance because the mavericks aren't going to be playing luka and kyrie. at least that's what boxter posted--and they didn't play tonight. dallas is locked into the 5th spot.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:51 pm OKC isn't losing to Dallas at home. Kyrie and Luka have already been ruled out for that game.
I don't understand the point of resting those two now when they still had a good shot at home court in the first round.

I'm probably slightly annoyed as well because I tossed money on us winning the division, but still. Who'd have thought my losing that bet would've been sunk because of a 3-way tie.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Towns and Edwards struggled most of the night trying to find their shots, but came up big at the end of the game.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

If we win Sunday, are we the 1 seed?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:57 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:48 pm Jaden quietly had a good game on both ends too, after kind of stinking it up against Denver.
he had the best plus/minus number tonight.
this isn't correct. rudy had the best number--by five. jaden was second, followed by Jmac and bite bite. another game where rudy was the rock.
witljon

Post by witljon »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:25 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:51 pm OKC isn't losing to Dallas at home. Kyrie and Luka have already been ruled out for that game.
I don't understand the point of resting those two now when they still had a good shot at home court in the first round.

I'm probably slightly annoyed as well because I tossed money on us winning the division, but still. Who'd have thought my losing that bet would've been sunk because of a 3-way tie.
A 3 way tie for first makes Sundays game number 82 exciting.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

grizzlies can take care of you on sunday. suns are going to come into target center with something to play for though i think. wolves still have to win too.
witljon

Post by witljon »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:32 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:48 pm Jaden quietly had a good game on both ends too, after kind of stinking it up against Denver.
this isn't correct. rudy had the best number--by five. jaden was second, followed by Jmac and bite bite. another game where rudy was the rock.
Quit arguing!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:32 pm

Quit arguing!
that's not arguing--that's setting the record straight. :mrgreen:
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm

A 3 way tie for first makes Sundays game number 82 exciting.
It really does. May actually have to go to that one. I was anticipating a rest game for both sides.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm

grizzlies can take care of you on sunday. suns are going to come into target center with something to play for though i think. wolves still have to win too.
It's going to be a really fun day.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Phil Leotardo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:21 pm

OKC went 10-6 in Division, MN and Denver went 12-4. Then it goes to head to head, then Conference record, where we lead Denver by 5, and OKC by 2.
Jim Pete has OKC with the tiebreaker, by virtue of best head to head (to head) record. Assuming all 3 teams finish with the same record.
It’s kinda odd because they’re not better head to head against us.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
"When we went down a couple of points in the 4th Coach called timeout & he was going off on us & was saying DEN is down 1 with 1 second to go, so get your bleep together."-Mike Conley postgame when I asked when the team knew about Nuggets loss.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:47 pm Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
"When we went down a couple of points in the 4th Coach called timeout & he was going off on us & was saying DEN is down 1 with 1 second to go, so get your bleep together."-Mike Conley postgame when I asked when the team knew about Nuggets loss.
Good. Was hoping that was actually what he was saying although I think I told the wife I hope Finch is telling them to pull their heads out of their asses, but same drift..I was hoping they planted some urgency in there regardless and glad he did.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

My head hurts
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:38 pm
Phil Leotardo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:21 pm

It’s kinda odd because they’re not better head to head against us.
Right. so if the Wolves win, and either OKC or Denver loses, Wolves get the top spot. I don't know if it matters all that much, beat the Suns and you are assured of a top 2 seed.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Tonight is just chaos. Found and watched the final few minutes of SA-DEN, then NO-GS going down to the wire, now the last two games.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:47 pm rudy just might be the MVP of this team. i know he was the one guy i wanted to see on the court the entire 4th quarter.
Rudy IS the MVP of this team. I've been saying that all season. He's the one guy on this team that brings something nobody else can replicate.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:33 pm geez louise. the wolves stack the W anyways.
Not to be a downer here, but we struggled to win a game at home where the opposing coach throws in the towel and plays a lineup the last 8 minutes of the game consisting of:

Kobe Bufkin
Vit Krejci
Garrison Mathews
Mouhamed Gueye
Bruno Fernando/AJ Griffin

If Snyder plays to win, we don't win this game and that's concerning. Time to get our shit together and refocus. We play like that in the playoffs, we ain't beating anyone in a 7 game series.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:48 pm
YBBR wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:46 pm I'd actually be fine with 2nd because then we could skip a 2nd round Mavericks matchup. Who are locked in. Good team to avoid.
We are going to have to get by Phoenix in the first round though. Won't be easy.
Phoenix is not a lock to play. They could still finish 7 or 9 and then if they lose that game they slide to 8th.

i’m not afraid of them at all. watched them down here all year. No chemistry and they just seem really off
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

A$$MAN wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:21 am
weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:33 pm geez louise. the wolves stack the W anyways.
Not to be a downer here, but we struggled to win a game at home where the opposing coach throws in the towel and plays a lineup the last 8 minutes of the game consisting of:

Kobe Bufkin
Vit Krejci
Garrison Mathews
Mouhamed Gueye
Bruno Fernando/AJ Griffin

If Snyder plays to win, we don't win this game and that's concerning. Time to get our shit together and refocus. We play like that in the playoffs, we ain't beating anyone in a 7 game series.
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. It would have been a terrible one to lose and they easily could have.

Ant, Kyle, NAW and Finch had a bad night but they managed to get the W. Sunday is gonna be a fun one.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:58 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:56 pm get rudy in there for the entire 4th quarter. it feels like a game that trae young is going to be a force in clutch time.

I fucking hate that little maggot.
I don't know why, but damn this one cracked me up!
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

The Clippers have the tie breaker on Dallas so all they had to do is win one game out of two this weekend to get it. Dallas probably thought that was a given seeing they were playing Utah tonight and Houston on Sunday. They were going to get one of those. So a dallas just caved and rested those 2.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:03 am

The Clippers have the tie breaker on Dallas so all they had to do is win one game out of two this weekend to get it. Dallas probably thought that was a given seeing they were playing Utah tonight and Houston on Sunday. They were going to get one of those. So a dallas just caved and rested those 2.
And even though we had our differences, that’s a horrible way to lose that bet if that happens. Bad beat for sure. Hopefully sunday can help you win it.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:42 pm
LancasterCarr22 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:39 pm Nice choke job at the line, Slomo. Ya can’t make free throws when your hands are around your neck. SMH.
He had a really bad game today. 0 points, 0 rebounds, 3 fouls, and a -14 in 15 minutes.

Oh, and two bricked crunch-time free throws.
Something to consider...did Slomo just have an off night, shitty game? Or is it directly related to Towns returning to the lineup and Slomo getting pushed from PF to a different (SF) role?

Sadly, I think it's the latter and that sucks. Good (PF) Slomo is a huge asset to this team.